Explorer Temperatures

Emdee

We are on a 24 night cruise on Explorer in April. Need to know the temperature in the ship’s dining areas and public rooms. Was on a cruise in December where the ship was absolutely freezing.

Thanks so much.

We were on the Explorer last month and while not as cold as some ships I did need a light shawl/scarf in most rooms.  The dining room was comfortable off and on.  I found once the food arrived I would no longer need my scarf.  The theatre was almost always freezing, and the lounges were usually on the cooler side.  Hope that helps.

It depends upon your personal comfort level.  CR tends to be cool when it opens but gets to about 73F in a fairly short time.  To some people, this is a cool temperature and to others (like me) it is too hot.  Sitting next to a window in a restaurant on a warm day also brings up the temperature.

I always tend to suggest that people carry a sweater or pashmina if they tend to be on the cool side.  Also, those guests that are not used to air conditioning seem to find it cooler than it really is because of the cool air blowing in.

I have never been cold on a Regent ship and it is likely that some people have never been warm.

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

It depends upon your personal comfort level.  CR tends to be cool when it opens but gets to about 73F in a fairly short time.  To some people, this is a cool temperature and to others (like me) it is too hot.  Sitting next to a window in a restaurant on a warm day also brings up the temperature.

I always tend to suggest that people carry a sweater or pashmina if they tend to be on the cool side.  Also, those guests that are not used to air conditioning seem to find it cooler than it really is because of the cool air blowing in.

I have never been cold on a Regent ship and it is likely that some people have never been warm.

So entirely personal preference!

What  I was hoping for was a response as to what temperature Regent sets the ship. For example someone told me that Seabourn sets theirs at 23 degrees Celsius and that helped a lot.

8 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Truly it's a personal thing.  I think it just right, my partner thinks it's cold.

Totally agree, it depends what you are used to. My wife always has a pastime re shoulders as some locations you are sitting under air conditioning vents , however I always travel with a formal jacket which can be worn over a smart collared short sleeve shirt and gives you pockets for key pass wife's glasses etc.

As Brits we are less used to air conditioning, in Britain this is opening the windows and keep our home at 18/19°C  (68°F ) wearing jumpers in winter. We find that some US buildings are kept at 73/ 74°F or that the air conditioning is quite harsh and drying on the skin.

You can keep your suite at whatever temp you desire, we turn ours to a low as we find we sleep better in a cooler environment, again used to a bedroom with a small window open 95% of the time.

1 hour ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

Auto correct  strikes again , it should be 'pashtima'  not pastime!!!!!! In last response.

Guess you mean pashmina!

I find when my nose gets cold I get rhinitis which looks like I have a cold....

I can also have some breathing issues when I am out in our cold Canadian temperatures.

Anyway, shall carry adequate warm clothing.

3 hours ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

Totally agree, it depends what you are used to. My wife always has a pastime re shoulders as some locations you are sitting under air conditioning vents , however I always travel with a formal jacket which can be worn over a smart collared short sleeve shirt and gives you pockets for key pass wife's glasses etc.

As Brits we are less used to air conditioning, in Britain this is opening the windows and keep our home at 18/19°C  (68°F ) wearing jumpers in winter. We find that some US buildings are kept at 73/ 74°F or that the air conditioning is quite harsh and drying on the skin.

You can keep your suite at whatever temp you desire, we turn ours to a low as we find we sleep better in a cooler environment, again used to a bedroom with a small window open 95% of the time.

I make DH wear his jacket in order to carry my key card, lipstick and glasses.  It's part of the terms and conditions of marriage.

Anything else would ruin the effect of my outfit.  After all, it's not about his comfort, it's how I look.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Orvil

The terms and conditions of my marriage are quite different. Wonderwifey would not dream of imposing upon me to carry such things. After all, is that not what handbags are for? At least that is what she tells me when I have to buy a new one every six months or so🙄

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Belfast Taxman said:

Orvil

The terms and conditions of my marriage are quite different. Wonderwifey would not dream of imposing upon me to carry such things. After all, is that not what handbags are for? At least that is what she tells me when I have to buy a new one every six months or so🙄

I've been cutoff from any handbag purchases for the foreseeable future.  I succumbed to the draw of the Prada #1 store in Milan this last summer.  I bought a handbag.  I had to declare it at customs and DH found out how much it cost.  He has decided it's cheaper to buy a new jacket and carry my stuff in his pocket.

I brought the bag with me on my last voyage on Explorer.  She had her own seat at the table in Compass Rose.  I did not need a sweater.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, orvil said:

I've been cutoff from any handbag purchases for the foreseeable future.  I succumbed to the draw of the Prada #1 store in Milan this last summer.  I bought a handbag.  I had to declare it at customs and DH found out how much it cost.  He has decided it's cheaper to buy a new jacket and carry my stuff in his pocket.

I brought the bag with me on my last voyage on Explorer.  She had her own seat at the table in Compass Rose.  I did not need a sweater.  

I myself are very frugal with respect to handbags. However DD taking pity on me gifted me a miu miu which is perfect for dinner and fits my epipen. A Hermes shawl also gifted by DD completes my outfit....a far cry from my usual purchases! So I will go forth with my shawl and miu miu on my upcoming cruise!