US State Department urges citizens to reconsider cruise ship travel to Asia

HamOp

34 minutes ago, HamOp said:

CNN) — In yet another blow to the troubled cruise industry, US travelers are being urged to steer clear of Asia's waters.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/state-department-coronavirus-asia-cruise-advisory/index.html

No cruises are going to Asia for the rest of this spring/summer season that I am aware of.  What happens to the sailings in the fall is another question.

Now the worry is the Med for upcoming cruises for many people with issues in Italy already. 😞

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

If Italy continues to have virus problems, those ports could be a problem as well as Asian ports.

I think they already are. I read on another thread about RCCL restrictions, posted today. Here's the link, and in case you don't want to follow the link, I've cut and pasted what I considered the WOW part (my bolding and underlining). This just seems like HUGE news to me. Our travel year is looking mighty grim right now. We have a trip to Milan scheduled for early June (land based, DIY) and one for China in October/November (also land based, a tour). I don't think either are going to be happening for us.

Best wishes and good luck to all!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

Until further notice, all ships in the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. fleet will adopt the following health screening protocols:

1. Regardless of nationality, we will deny boarding to:

a. Any guest who has travelled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, South Korea, and the Italian regions of Lombardy and Veneto in the past 15 days.

b. Any guest who has come in contact with anyone with 15-day prior travel to mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, South Korea, and the Italian regions of Lombardy and Veneto. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person.

c. Guests who report feeling unwell or demonstrate any flu-like symptoms.

2. There will be mandatory specialized health screenings performed on:

a. Any guest who has travelled from, to or through Japan, Singapore, Thailand, and Italy (all regions other than Lombardy and Veneto) in the past 15 days.

b. Guests who are uncertain about contact with individuals who have traveled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, and Italy in the past 15 days.