Summer Vacation: Magic Vs Horizon

MermaidMommy03

Happy Hump Day, 

So what would you pick I would love some input, raves and rants on these ships please! 
Summer Cruise for a family of 5 (2 adults, 13yr, 10yr and 6yr old)
We don’t have to pay for flights because we live in central Florida. We don’t mind visiting the same port again. We are pretty laid back and just enjoy the cruise and we usually explore on our own. 
Carnival Horizon: 8 day cruise 

Miami, 2 sea days, Aruba, Bonaire, La Romana, Amber Cove, sea day 
$400 more
One room: Family Harbor Suite Mid ship deck 1 
We have been to Amber Cove.  

Carnival Magic: 8 day cruise

(we have been on the breeze)

Miami, 2 sea days, St Marteen, St Kitt, San Juan,  Grand Turk, sea day  

$400 cheaper 
2 rooms: One porthole and one door down a ocean view. Front of the ship.. like first rooms on the 1st deck.
We have been to Grand Turk and PR

Thank you!

28 minutes ago, MermaidMommy03 said:

Happy Hump Day, 

So what would you pick I would love some input, raves and rants on these ships please! 
We don’t have to pay for flights because we live in central Florida. We don’t mind visiting the same port again. We are pretty laid back and just enjoy the cruise and we usually explore on our own. 

$400 more

$400 cheaper 
2 rooms: One porthole and one door down a ocean view. Front of the ship.. like first rooms on the 1st deck.

Thank you!

I've not done either ship or any of the ports, but as a mom who has cruised with 4 kids, always take 2 cabins so you have access to 2 bathrooms.   It makes life so much easier to get everyone ready and there isn't a line for the potty.  Also, 2 cabins allows space to spread out.  Just my insight as a cruising mom.

By ship I would say Horizon due to more things to do for the kids. Skyride, IMax, Thrill Theater (you had one on Breeze but Magic doesn’t). I haven’t been on those itineraries. I know both are desirable. I have both booked in the next year (except GT Instead of LR).

I guess it comes down to the two rooms and $400 if that’s enough to give up the additional food and entertainment options and the family harbor lounge on Horizon. 

I sailed on both Magic and Horizon. Both are really excellent ships, but I would still choose Horizon. It is super new and they have the Sky Ride that my boyfriend and I LOVED. It's much bigger so expect more walking, but we loved everything about it.

We also had an amazing CD - Mike Pack who truly made our cruise so much fun. If he happens to be on your sailing date, I would hands down chose Horizon. 

It depends what is important to you. Both will be amazing vacations with a lot of similarities.

We had a similar choice in front of us and went with the Horizon. Newer ship, with more to do, and some awesome southern islands including Aruba.

13 hours ago, MermaidMommy03 said:

Happy Hump Day, 

$400 more

$400 cheaper 

Thank you!

Definitely magic.  2 cabins wins every time.  I like the ports better too.  We don’t bother getting off at amber cove or la romana anymore.

plus, $400 is a lot of money in my book!

Edited by Cafedumonde