How does one bid on a upgrade?

rnr4thatsme

If you booked directly with ncl you should get a mail "Norwegian's Upgrade Advantage"

There it should link you to upgrade.plusgrade.com, where you can bid for the next 2 categories of rooms.

Theres plenty of topics on this, search.

After you make your booking and final payment about 80 some days before sailing you may get an email

about the bidding/upgrading. Check your MyNCL account - login - and you may see one of several rotating

pages one of which will have "LET'S GET YOU UPGRADED" follow the prompts to see what 2 class cabin

upgrading categories you can bid for.

Don't see that - it is not offered to everyone only a select few -

you can call NCL (or your TA if working with one) and make an offer directly -

having more time before sailing you should read more on the subject here at CC about the ins and outs.

Be advised about your present perks bennies bonuses OBC possibly being lost due to upgrading and

then perhaps getting a different set.

If bidding making an offer between the 80 day before sailing and 2 days before NCL may accept your

bid or decline in the form of an email.   

5 hours ago, rnr4thatsme said:

I'm just curious how that works?   Does NCL contact you and ask you to bid?   Can you contact them and ask if an upgrade for XX dollars is available?

Using Google can answer lots of questions and there are YouTube videos as well.

1 hour ago, mips said:

We just got bidding offers on every category right up to the Owners suites from our GTY Balcony.  So its no longer just the next 2. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Interesting - What was your starting cabin category ?

Maybe NCL had opened the bidding for a larger catch of fish.

Inside bids on Ocean View and Balcony

Ocean View bids on Balcony and Mini-Suite

Balcony and Mini-Suite bids on Suites and the rest up to GV DOS OS Haven

As far as Upgrading Call and see if NCL will take your offer.  

3 hours ago, mips said:

We just got bidding offers on every category right up to the Owners suites from our GTY Balcony.  So its no longer just the next 2. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg 

That is the same 2 category bid offering that has always been in place.  One cat. above balcony is mini suite.  2 cats. above balcony is haven.  Just like anything within mini (mini spa, mini family, etc.,) is still mini, anything within haven (spa, penthouse, owners, etc.,) is still haven.

18 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

. . . . Be advised about your present perks bennies bonuses OBC possibly being lost due to upgrading and

then perhaps getting a different set. . . 

The following statement was in the email I received regarding bidding for an upgrade:   

Once your bid is accepted, the upgrade amount paid is final and non-refundable. The upgrade does not include any additional promotions. Current promotions on the reservation will not be altered.

This may not be the case for all situations, but it clearly was for mine.  As always, it's important to read everything related to the offer.  The message also said that only a category could be chosen, not a specific cabin.  

I decided not to bid. I have an aversion to any kind of bid process.  Tell me what the cost is, and I will decide if it's worth it.   Obviously enough people like the process for NCL to do it.  To each his own!