Would you cruise to the US in the next 6 months?

Concerns of the virus are real, and there is a lot of mis-information out there, We live in Victoria BC Canada so hear the latest on our local news. There is a fairly large outbreak in the Seattle area which is one of the home ports for Alaska cruises and there are several cases in greater Vancouver, the other home port. Depending on when you got your insurance shoudn't it still cover this situation medically? We really aren't afraid of this thing here but time will tell. I haven't heard much about the virus being in Alaska yet. So you have to make your choice as suits you. We are headed to New Zealand and Australia next year and look forward to our trip.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update.  Today I called Princess to cancel my cruise.  Got through to a lovely operator with no wait.  My cruise deposit is being refunded. Thank you Princess.  Last week I cancelled all portions of our land portion DIY post cruise.  All hotels/bus/coach/private transfers/private cruise operators have already refunded my monies including the only hotel that was non refundable.  The only cost has been the Qantas cancellation fee (probably should have waited to cancel that one) and Alaskan airline and a small cancellation fee for the Denali shuttles 

My employer has asked all employees Australia wide to take 15 days AL between now and end of June to help the company out.

Looking forward to an Alaskan cruise in the future.

We have 2 cruises booked - Alaska ex Vancouver in late August, and then Vancouver to Hawaii in September.  With the first final payment due late May, we will sit tight for now and see how things develop.  Obviously a few things have to line up - travel restrictions lifted, Qantas resuming international flights, Canada re-opening its ports after 30th June, cruises generally being viable and the itineraries remaining (mostly) unchanged, and self-isolation on return from overseas no longer being required. 

We have been looking forward to this holiday for a couple of years - but if it doesn't come to pass, our plan B will be to use the time off work to see some more of this great country we call home (and maybe some time in NZ if they will have us) .....