Cruise refunds from TA's?

bazzaw

I am interested in hearing the experiences of anybody here who has received a refund from a cancelled cruise - specifically when having booked the cruise through a TA.  I have a LOT of money tied up from cancellation of a Cunard cruise and although we have been "promised" it - there seems to be no rush on anybody's part to do so. No explanation of the process officially ( apart from what an individual rather casually told me told me  - oh, it will take about 6-8 weeks!!!!) 

3 hours ago, bazzaw said:

I am interested in hearing the experiences of anybody here who has received a refund from a cancelled cruise - specifically when having booked the cruise through a TA.  I have a LOT of money tied up from cancellation of a Cunard cruise and although we have been "promised" it - there seems to be no rush on anybody's part to do so. No explanation of the process officially ( apart from what an individual rather casually told me told me  - oh, it will take about 6-8 weeks!!!!) 

I used a bricks and mortar TA to book a RCI cruise.  It took 12 weeks to get a refund of my deposit.  They told me because RCI are based in Miami that is the reason for the delay.  Others who booked with RCI directly got their refund in 7 days.  I booked a subsequent cruise directly with RCI and all it took was one phone call to canx booking and I got my deposit back in 7 days.

4 hours ago, bazzaw said:

The TA may still be holding your money Barry, or may have forwarded some or all of it to the cruise line.   Perhaps ask that question of your agent ASAP.  Good luck with it all.  In the past I have cancelled cruises booked direct mainly with Princess and got deposits back within 2 weeks.

Edited by NSWP

Hi Barry,

I was booked on the QE Sydney to Singapore which was cancelled by Cunard probably the same date as your cancellation. I received my full refund from Cunard back to my credit card last night. So about 10 days.

Almost 8 weeks was my experience too.

The delay is that the TA doesn't want to refund you until the cruise line pays them. And they only have monthly reconciliations, so tends to be 6-8 weeks before the TA will pay you back.