Coronavirus Updates

Beachmomm

5 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

I'm sure they are getting many, many cancellations.   How many is anyone's guess.  Having said that it has to be quite a quandary for NCL  trying to balance business obligations with the needs and wants of their customers.

Carnival just announced that they will let anyone sailing through, I believe, May 31 reschedule with no penalty.  That is exactly what NCL should do.  I would happily reschedule for December.  If they don't, when other cruise lines are letting their customers do this, they will lose a huge share of the market.  Initially it was just Viking letting people reschedule without penalty.  People could say "well, Viking is a very specific market" but now you have Carnival, the exact opposite end of the market, doing something similar.  It does have more restrictions than Carnival, but still.  

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 10:47 AM, Fletch2 said:

On the bright side, maybe better chances to win upgrade bids for lower cost!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just wanted to mention I am about 78 days away from my cruise.  I was just awarded my upgrade bid (which was the lowest possible bid $125 pp for mini suite) was AWARDED!!  usually they don't handle these until a few days or a week before the cruise.  meanwhile I just looked into the cancellation policy on Wednesday night.  suspicious to me...   well, if I decide to go, I went from an oceanview room to a mini suite with balcony for $125 pp!!!!!  Guess I will enjoy the balcony IF I am quarantined for 14 days!!!!!!!!!!!  and NO I am not sick.  Just sayin...    

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, firstimerhaven said:

I called NCL, the cruise agent I booked with.  I hope everyone on here does the same.  Call.  Email.  Let NCL know we expect them to match RC

Exactly! Spread the word everyone! Let's not let NCL get away with this, they need to offer the same cancellation options as Carnival and RC!!!

• Like 2

We are on the NCL EPIC 18 april, Miami ti Barcelona.

Very concerned about the Coronavirus

What happens if we sail and 4 or 5 days later we have a outbreak?

I know you can what if yourself to death ( no pun intended ) but do we want to be on a petri dish floating around the atlantic waiting for some  country to allow us in?

We will travel on the train then an airplane and stay in a Miami hotel the night before and it is virtually impossible to avoid he possibility of coming in contact with the virus.

Also, the American Government is being very wishy washy,. I don't like any leader of any country saying " I have a hunch this virus is going nowhere "

Please don't make this political, just trying to get a sense of what other passengers thoughts are that are on the EPIC

I have asked #NCL to allow us to reschedule in the future on Twitter, FB & YouTube (and here). Just sent FB Messenger message. Hopefully if many of us are doing this we will get some sort of concession soon! I am supposed to fly out this Thursday for the 3/14 POA Hawaiian Cruise. I want to do this cruise for sure - JUST NOT RIGHT NOW! I have a special needs adult son in a group home and if he gets this while I’m gone - terrifies me!! PLEASE NCL Do The Right Thing!!!

26 minutes ago, tparick said:

Also, the American Government is being very wishy washy,. I don't like any leader of any country saying " I have a hunch this virus is going nowhere "

Is that the same as washy washy? 🤣

• Haha 1

NCL needs to step up, their policy is a joke.

There will be no “ Cruise with Confidence “ on NCL

This is celebrity’s answer

————————————————————

Celebrity Cruises

Celebrity's new "Cruise With Confidence" policy allows cruisers to cancel up to 48 hours before sailing. Those who cancel will receive a full credit for their fare, usable on any future sailing of their choice in 2020 or 2021. The policy applies to both new and existing cruise bookings for cruises with a sailing date on or before July 31, 2020.

Just heard from my NCL rep that our cruise departing on March 15th is covered by a new cancellation policy (cancel at least 48 hours ahead of time for 100% future cruise credit):  https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence?intcmp=pro_hp_PEACEOFMIND&fbclid=IwAR1PtIbU3wJzHY1idklQ1H-SfTYEDPpycbVBKjuSICSF8eqCJYUfOKEdxgU

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 12:21 PM, Vyhanek said:

I think Coronavirus is on the ships.     I think its inevitable with so much of the crew being asian.    

Im just off the Pearl, cruising in the Caribbean.    There was a lot of coughing......a lot.   Is it Corona?    I don't know but there was something that swept the ship.   I wouldn't be surprised if in the next week or two its revealed that there is an issue.      Its going to be an issue with all ships who employ people from Asia.  

These employees worked the holiday busy season on the ships and then the ship lets a lot of them go on their yearly break in January because its less busy.    Now that it's late February they are returning back to the ships from their vacations back home.    I really wouldn't be surprised.

Just now, Jpool said:

I was on the Getaway and caught the coughing virus....  Went to clinic because of asthma and was tested for flu.  There was alot of coughing on my cruise also....

• Like 1