Ventura themed evenings

Burgmeister

On our upcoming cruise there are, apparently, a black & white themed evening and a 60s & 70s themed evening. How many people usually join in with this sort of thing? 

Happy to dress up for the formal nights but just wondering what percentage of cruisers bother with the themed evenings

Thanks

1 minute ago, Burgmeister said:

On our upcoming cruise there are, apparently, a black & white themed evening and a 60s & 70s themed evening. How many people usually join in with this sort of thing? 

Happy to dress up for the formal nights but just wondering what percentage of cruisers bother with the themed evenings

Thanks

Black & White is a formal night and many do participate, although some don't, so don't stress if you do not have the right outfit. 

I haven't seen many dress for the 60s/70s night. 

Andy 

• Like 1

Thanks for responding Andy

Just for clarification, our details say that on our 7 night cruise there are 2 formal nights, 1 black and white night and 1 60s/70s night. Are you saying that one of the 2 formal nights is actually the black and white night?

Although most of my wardrobe is old I don't think I have anything form the 60s or 70s!

4 minutes ago, Burgmeister said:

Thanks for responding Andy

Just for clarification, our details say that on our 7 night cruise there are 2 formal nights, 1 black and white night and 1 60s/70s night. Are you saying that one of the 2 formal nights is actually the black and white night?

Although most of my wardrobe is old I don't think I have anything form the 60s or 70s!

Yes, one of the formals is usually black and white. 

It's easy for us men in our penguin suits.. 

Andy 

• Like 1

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

Yes, one of the formals is usually black and white. 

It's easy for us men in our penguin suits.. 

Andy 

Ah OK that's fine then. I can just wear the same sort of thing for both formal nights then!

I'll have to tell the wife and daughter that they need to be white or black for one of the nights if they wish to join in. 

Thanks Andy

1 minute ago, Burgmeister said:

Ah OK that's fine then. I can just wear the same sort of thing for both formal nights then!

I'll have to tell the wife and daughter that they need to be white or black for one of the nights if they wish to join in. 

Thanks Andy

My pleasure. 

I wouldn't stress the ladies about the black & white code too much. 

Michelle decided to be different and wear a beautiful blue dress on B&W night, only for one of our table companions to do exactly the same... 

Many do take part, but you will see plenty of other colours around. 

Andy 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

My pleasure. 

I wouldn't stress the ladies about the black & white code too much. 

Michelle decided to be different and wear a beautiful blue dress on B&W night, only for one of our table companions to do exactly the same... 

Many do take part, but you will see plenty of other colours around. 

Andy 

Cheers. I don't think they will be rushing out to buy any new dresses (at least, I hope they won't!!!). 

• Like 1

I agree with the above. I have rarely seen much evidence of 60/70's night.

If the ladies have black dresses or evening trousers etc, just a necklace with white in it or a white accessory is fine.  That's what I do.. I have a chunky white necklace or a small white chiffon scarf.  Not to worry though, as Andy says, some ladies wear colours and that is just fine and any advice he gives is usually spot on.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Burgmeister said:

Thanks

Just a word of reassurance - we've always dressed appropriately for formal nights, just a dark suit for me though.  Never gone beyond that for themed nights, though.

Never, ever, felt remotely out of place in a suit, or without the theming - plenty of fellow passengers not overkeen on dressing up.  Whatever you choose to wear, within the dress code, you'll be just fine.  😀

Harry

• Like 1

I did formal. Did black and white. Positive I didn’t do any others like tropical or 70s as I haven’t got clothes like that. The dresses cost enough for formal let alone anything else. 

I found nearly everyone did black and white or dark colours anyway but one girl was in a bright red dress. I’ve never seen a dress so bright red before. She stuck out that night but I think that was the point. She seemed to love all the attention and she had the body for it. I’d wear a dress like that if I looked like that too. 

On 3/2/2020 at 8:54 PM, Vampiress88 said:

I did formal. Did black and white. Positive I didn’t do any others like tropical or 70s as I haven’t got clothes like that. The dresses cost enough for formal let alone anything 

Try your local posh area charity shop I got a stunning black velvet dress by Jasper Conran for £12 retailed in Debenhams for well over hundred and change. I also got a teal coloured dress which has done 4 weddings so far with different jackets and accessories cost £4. Bargains. Hth 

2 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Try your local posh area charity shop I got a stunning black velvet dress by Jasper Conran for £12 retailed in Debenhams for well over hundred and change. I also got a teal coloured dress which has done 4 weddings so far with different jackets and accessories cost £4. Bargains. Hth 

We've been known to do that as well.  Ebay not a bad source either.  I got a new (to me) DJ recently.  Last year I treated myself to a Hugo Boss lounge suite for less than £20 inc pp.  OH has picked up a couple of bargains as well.

• Like 1