Oasis of the Seas Solarium Area

Hi all,

Travelling on the Oasis of the Seas March 15th and I can't find very much info about the Solarium area. Mainly, I want to know if there is a pool? On the deck plans it only looks like two hot tubs. Is it super hot because of the windows or do you still get a bit of a breeze/fresh air feeling? If there is no pool area suggestions on a pool that will be a bit more quiet than the main pool.

Thanks!

There are tons of "ship tour" videos on Youtube, there are even several that are specifically tours of the Oasis of the Seas solarium.

Here's one of them.

From the video it looks like the roof has openings, or perhaps it is retractable and can be opened or closed. 

The roof doesn't close, but to me it always feels like a greenhouse in the Oasis class Solarium.  There is no shade, and depending on the wind outside, little to no air movement.

The Oasis Solarium is a beautiful design, but just not user-friendly, to me.  Fortunately, there are four other pools that do have air movement!

On 3/1/2020 at 11:53 PM, brillohead said:

The roof doesn't close, but to me it always feels like a greenhouse in the Oasis class Solarium.  There is no shade, and depending on the wind outside, little to no air movement.

The Oasis Solarium is a beautiful design, but just not user-friendly, to me.  Fortunately, there are four other pools that do have air movement!

I have been on other cruises that have a similar design and found the greenhouse effect to be in effect there as well. I was hoping with the retrofit they would fix this or hoping that because there did seem to be some openings in the glass that there would be some airflow. I know there are four other pools but I find the "adult" pools to be quieter which I enjoy. 

• 1 year later...

Hi, all - I see some mention there is little or no shade - others have said they found shade.  I'm very fair-skinned - but I loved the Solarium when we last cruised on the Allure in 2017.  I know Oasis was refurbished in 2019  - and some areas in the Solarium were expanded.   I'll search on YouTube for some tours of the area - but does anyone have any good tips for shady locations?  

Thanks!