Questions about the Gem's 2 BR NON- Haven Suites

bostongal965

My sister, BIL, DH, and I are thinking about a trip to Bermuda on the Gem. We're also thinking about splurging and getting suite together instead of separate cabins.

Two questions:

1. Is the second bedroom in the 2BR suite was big enough for two adults and/or does the couch in the living room open up as a bed?

2. What suite amenities does a non-Haven suite get? 

Thanks in advance!

Fleet wide the 2BR suite deck 11 forward are all the same.

The 2nd bedroom just off the entry foyer has a couch bed and a pull down Pullman.

The 2nd bath is composed of a shower commode and sink across from the bath is closet space

for a limited amount of clothing - more in the master bedroom

About the main room couch/sofa it too converts into a real comfortable bed.

Then of course it is a 2BR suite there is a master bedroom with bed for two.

Video LINK:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/youtube.php?id=11637

The video highlights a hull balcony - the others on deck 11 are open and don't have the metal framing. 

The 2BR suite presently classed as SC gets all the suite benefits - Butler Concierge priority boarding

disembarking tender shore excursion breakfast at Cagney's or Moderno and lunch there also.

In the theatre there will be reserved seating in the balcony for you.

As for the Haven you will not be able to go there with an exception when there is a suite or Captains party.

If perchance you would like to change your cabin the 2BR in the Haven - it is identical to yours on deck 11

for about $1k more but with the Haven features - not worth it IMO.

This 2BR suite is probably the best bang for the buck with comfort for all guests !

• Like 1

also, the couch in the living room doesn't exactly "pull out"- it converts to a single bed. So there is technically sleeping for 6: 2 in the master bedroom, 1 in the living room, and technically 3 in the small bedroom (two on the double sofa below, and one on the pull down wall bed), but that would be really tight. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

We just booked one of these on the Jade for next summer (it was called an S4 instead of SC?). Will be five adults/young adults. Hoping my 6 feet tall son will fit on the bunk bed in the second bedroom...? 

I've heard there is a weight limit for the pullman bunks but I don't know what it is.  You might want to check that out.  They seem pretty long though- I would think that part would be fine.

EDIT: a quick google search says the weight limit is 300 pounds.

Edited by rjm11
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much! That should be fine then. I wish the Jade suites had a connecting balcony cabin option like on the Spirit (we did that before) for the other two adults but this is the itinerary we are eyeing for now. 

My husband and I sailed on the Jade last spring, TA New York to Rome in a two bedroom family suite.  We got a great rate so we splurged for the extra space and suite perks.  DH ended up “sleeping” in the second bedroom on the pull out couch half the time (he takes meds that keep him awake so he often leaves our room and ends up on the couch or in the spare room).  According to him that pull out bed was less than comfortable, so make sure to have a topper added to the bed.  FYI the room is extremely small as is the second bathroom, the cruiser with the 6 foot son, I think your son will have a tough time using that bathroom!  However the master bathroom is awesome!  I’m going to try to add pics of our suite for you...

Happy cruising!

0A43D3C8-DFF6-40B4-8DFD-56EB23997126.jpeg

BDEFBFF7-7094-4CC6-89B9-BE2F56BE0E5B.jpeg

8222759E-24BE-4F61-A46C-B8D9D1E314C1.jpeg

BAB85C32-B969-4D74-BCE9-CD35BAF2B3B7.jpeg

4DF92E78-0B36-492B-910D-1EF7F7C322D6.jpeg

9049169E-FB81-4CC9-89DD-165FB28731C3.jpeg

A750E2B7-5525-4165-A36C-F71ED2FCE401.jpeg

475434C7-783E-474B-A9D1-43C198347A53.jpeg

4BD7C191-479A-4A43-834C-4AAC1E4CFE44.jpeg

A4DD1439-19FB-4A38-8C63-CEF06524677E.jpeg

6CFEF4F5-17A8-40BF-AEAC-DB3633FF42EB.jpeg

91B51A21-CB07-40E4-8FF9-393BEFE55734.jpeg

C27D5D71-1373-4513-9F56-F794000FA6BE.jpeg

E5B37798-DF58-433E-A512-AC845CF617B6.jpeg

DFA562A1-EB8F-4C36-BFD6-4E959BC7D7AC.jpeg

FE8342A1-D51D-4480-AA9D-5E0054696768.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, I didn’t answer about perks....the perk that we enjoyed the most was having a full breakfast delivered several mornings.  There will be a menu in your room that you fill out the night before and then leave it outside your door.  It has basic breakfast options, but don’t think you are limited to those options, just write in items that you want included.  I can’t remember exactly what we wrote in, just regular breakfast items that were not on the list.  We also had lunch delivered a couple of times.  No service charge for room service!  You also get the perk of having breakfast and lunch in one of the specialty restaurants.  Priority tendering, check in and disembarking, you also get priority seats for the shows, but we never took advantage of that.  Be aware that in addition to the daily service charge you are also expected to tip your butler and concierge, I didn’t know that at the time we booked.  Just a heads up!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Thank you for these great pics and info! Do you recall your suite number? 

As pictured it is one of the 5 deck 11 STARBOARD side suites

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 10:07 AM, rocklinmom said:

Thank you so much! That should be fine then. I wish the Jade suites had a connecting balcony cabin option like on the Spirit (we did that before) for the other two adults but this is the itinerary we are eyeing for now. 

Looking at the JADE cruisedeckplan there is indeed a connecting (mini-suite) balcony cabin for each of the 2BR suites.

If that arrangement is what you want suggest you book the combination early - there will be no guarantee that you will

be able to do this close to sailing

JADE deck plan LINK:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Jade

Click on deck 11 and look for the two arrows between connecting cabins.

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

As pictured it is one of the 5 deck 11 STARBOARD side suites

Looking at the JADE cruisedeckplan there is indeed a connecting (mini-suite) balcony cabin for each of the 2BR suites.

If that arrangement is what you want suggest you book the combination early - there will be no guarantee that you will

be able to do this close to sailing

JADE deck plan LINK:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Jade

Click on deck 11 and look for the two arrows between connecting cabins.

Thank you, yes I would love to book the connecting minisuite for them but it would be too expensive at this point. 

1 minute ago, rocklinmom said:

Oh wow that's the exact one I booked! And the Sapphire is my daughter's birthstone, that's very fitting 🙂

Sapphire is my daughter’s birthstone too!  You will love the room ❤️ I just booked three balcony staterooms on the Sun, it’s gonna be hard leaving the suite life behind.  We are taking my in-laws and our kids to Alaska (7 people), so a little separation will be nice!  

I was concerned about how dark/light the master “bedroom” area would be or if it would be stuffy with the drapes closed, but I found it to be very comfortable and not too bright in the morning.  We live on the west coast and morning came so early every morning of our 14 day cruise...we were never able to catch up!  So having it dark was really nice.  And of course the second bedroom is very dark as there are no windows.  

Also, one thing about this stateroom is that most of the walls are covered in wood paneling.  I brought a lot of hooked magnets that I ended up not using.  I also brought a few suction cup hooks that I did use on the outside of the shower for drying workout clothes that we washed out in the sink.  

I’ll try to answer if you have any other questions regarding the room or the ship 😁