POLL - you pick cabin or allow Marella?

7 hours ago, MrSilversurf said:

I've also avoided a cabin away from the 4 berths. I'm a very light sleeper but we prefer prefer a cabin further aft. If you look at cabin 4126 on Deck 4 :-

https://www.tui.co.uk/cruise/ships/marella-explorer-2/deck-plans/

You'll note that very few people will be walking past the cabin. Therefore fewer door-slams (why do people do this? I guess it makes for a more positive seal, with no gap). The added plus for this room, it's behind the film studio, so no door-slams opposite.

Not sure what you mean by 'white spaces' are you referring to being under the 'Vista' section of the Latitude 53 MDR above? If the plan is correct, I'm very close to the partition wall, so took a chance. I may be woken by tables being dragged around in the wee hours. I'll report back on this in late August under the Roll Call.

The 'white spaces' I referred to, are where various bits of ships equipment may be located (and possibly noisy), such as generators, the exhaust tubes, etc. On Exp1 we had inside cabin 9114 midships, which had constant drone and the floor vibrated at the foot of the bed, which I think may have been related to the white space below us on deck 8 (the space behind cabins 8074 to 8096

Edited by howmuch!

1 hour ago, Vitalsign said:

Yes Jim lots on Celebration and Dream but afraid not many on the newer Discoveries and Explorers

V

Yeah see that after looking at deck plans

We,ve been on discovery b4 and were in an outside on deck 3 but cant remember a lot about it.Prefer a bit higher up so this time opted for inside on 6 

Edited by Jim The Scot

We have had a balcony twice on the Discoveries right next to the Coffee Port It's a great position for lifts and accessing the restaurants and entertainment

This April (hopefully) we are having an inside opposite our previous balcony cabin as we spent so little time on the balcony and the same on Explorer in Sept and on Discovery next April - it's just not worth paying the extra for us. Although my washing line won't be used now 👙and unfortunately the shower is useless for drying swimwear and smalls

3 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

We have had a balcony twice on the Discoveries right next to the Coffee Port It's a great position for lifts and accessing the restaurants and entertainment

This April (hopefully) we are having an inside opposite our previous balcony cabin as we spent so little time on the balcony and the same on Explorer in Sept and on Discovery next April - it's just not worth paying the extra for us. Although my washing line won't be used now 👙and unfortunately the shower is useless for drying swimwear and smalls

On all our cruises we,ve always been outside or outside plus cabins until our last cruise when we opted for an inside.Was more than happy with that so will no longer pay the supplement for outside cabins which we spend very little time in anyway

17 minutes ago, Hookedoncruising! said:

We always take stretchy clothes lines and plastic pegs, and manage fine to dry undies, socks,vests and bikinis tying them to towel rails etc. Plus you have an extending line in the shower which helps too. I'm sure you wlll manage fine.

We do the same

I find the shower line isn't much good as they are very slow to dry things whereas on Celebration and Dream a line across the bath was much better. Also my stretchy line which I've used on the balcony was ok at drying during the day in Port but not too good at night as they got damp and couldn't leave things out in windy weather when sailing as worried I'd lose them

Will have to work out what's best in an inside cabin I have put smalls over the towels before which works to some extent but you end up with damp towels so will try the towel rails without the towels