Code Delta?

PortFees45

On the Bliss last week I heard a PA call for a "Code Delta." I know Alpha is medical emergency and Bravo is fire, but never heard a Delta before. Quick Google search says it means "damage to the ship." It was at night and the announcement was out in the hallway so I couldn't hear it well, but I think they gave a cabin #? Any idea what kind of damage would prompt a Delta? 

When I worked for NCL, Code Delta did not mean a "biohazard", but it did include "pollution" incidents, but it may on other lines, since the "codes" are not standardized.  Fairly certain that it was a drill, since they are required once a quarter, but not sure why a cabin would be mentioned, unless it was a crew cabin below the waterline.

• Like 2

Just now, chengkp75 said:

When I worked for NCL, Code Delta did not mean a "biohazard", but it did include "pollution" incidents, but it may on other lines, since the "codes" are not standardized.  Fairly certain that it was a drill, since they are required once a quarter, but not sure why a cabin would be mentioned, unless it was a crew cabin below the waterline.

I'm positive they didn't say "for exercise" like they do running the code bravo drills. 

Could be  water leak.  Many years ago on NCL Star, Panama Cruise, woke up at 1am, to the bathroom full of water and running over the lip going into the bathroom, all the way to the bed.  water coming from the ceiling.  Had to end up dialing 911 to get anyone to answer the phone, they "dispatched" a crew to start clean up which took over a day!  Great cruise, what an experience, we were in an AFT suite, got moved to an inside for the remainder of the night.

Water leaks were known as "Code Blue".  We had so much trouble on the Sky (Pride of Aloha) with water pipes breaking (at the time of the building of the Sky, it was an innovative pipe material and fabrication method) that we ended up taking whole decks of cabins out of inventory for a week, and renewing all the water piping on that deck.  Basically renewed all the piping in the passenger areas (crew had to live with continued piping breaks, though).

• Like 2