Edge Deck 6 noise levels

itp

Hello all, looking for opinions/experiences staying on deck 6 on the edge; right now looking at OV 6224 or 6138; main concern is noise from public areas on deck 5 (especially night after 10 pm) we currently have midship inside on deck 9 but may be able to upgrade due to price change, thanks!

40 minutes ago, itp said:

Hello all, looking for opinions/experiences staying on deck 6 on the edge; right now looking at OV 6224 or 6138; main concern is noise from public areas on deck 5 (especially night after 10 pm) we currently have midship inside on deck 9 but may be able to upgrade due to price change, thanks!

We had cabin 6231 in January. No noise at all. It was a panoramic ocean view and we loved it. Booked almost same location on Apex for next year. 

Hi... I forget our exact room number maybe 6011 it was port side deluxe balcony over the theater.

It was horrible and I paid $200 to switch floors.

We went on the cruise to catch up on rest. In our room during the days the walls would shake when they were rehearsing in the theater and you could hear the shows till 11 pm. I would not recommend being over the theater unless you dont use room during  day or dont retire b4 11pm.

Cheers

• 4 years later...
Posted (edited)

😅 Reviving this thread as we're in desperate need for some insight. Need advice from cruisers who have stayed above the theatre on Deck 6. Were there rehearsals carried out on any of the Edge-class ships before 9am and after 10pm? Our cabin is right above the edge of the theatre. Trying to manage my expectations by researching as much as possible about the noise level of these rooms. We haven't been able to find out much on CC or the other cruise sites. Now I'm hoping that past cruisers can offer their valuable feedback. Thanks! Screenshot_20240329-223835.thumb.png.867e903860e56aa24f9da3f7783a02aa.png

Edited by ilovefriday
Formatting error

Posted (edited)

😅 since this thread has been bumped again, I’d like to add another question to the pile since I couldn’t find this information elsewhere.

Does anyone know how noisy it gets below room 6188 on the Beyond? I believe the equivalent room number is 6182 in the Edge, and this stateroom is located midship, right above the promenade deck outside Raw on 5, quite close to the Magic Carpet.  I’m hoping there won’t be too many people walking about if we want to pop our window open.

Edited by Rabblefish