Papeete health checks

bmorris53

17 hours ago, bmorris53 said:

Does anyone know how long it is taking to complete the health checks in Papeete before passengers are being allowed on shore?

That is an open ended question. I would imagine the size of the ship and the day of the week could influence the answer.   

1 hour ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

That is an open ended question. I would imagine the size of the ship and the day of the week could influence the answer.   

Thank you TBK for all the info you've shared about the current situation with COVID-19 and admittance into Papeete. We're not cruising until 4/14 and will just have to keep fingers crossed. Best wishes with your group- I'm sure you'll have an interesting review when you return. Hasta luego!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Oosterdam - 1900 passengers, but actual count is probably closer to 1500, plus crew.  We arrive 4/4 at noon and depart the next morning at 5 am.  

Just now, bmorris53 said:

Oosterdam - 1900 passengers, but actual count is probably closer to 1500, plus crew.  We arrive 4/4 at noon and depart the next morning at 5 am.  

Good, it's a Saturday which means there are probably more locals who can help with the process. Still it's an unknown as far as how many people they have to check everyone. This is so new that there really isn't a 'record' giving you a good idea of how long. Good thing is it is a Saturday. Everything will be open and the waterfront comes alive after dark with locals enjoying the food court/trucks and there is usually entertainment 😉

• Like 1

Thanks, TBK.  I know how fluid it is right now.  I was just trying to get some idea.  I read that a Silver Seas or one of the small 500-600 passenger ships took about 1 1/2 hours from docking to release.  Trying to change tours and meeting times this close to departure is difficult enough and getting in at noon makes it even worse.  Sightseeing in the middle of the night is not what we were looking for.  Our guide is adaptable and we have talked about spending time touring around the city when it starts getting dark.  Just hoping that they let us off at all.

• Like 1