July payment due dates

Just a heads up.  My July Alaska cruise payment due date had been changed from 120 days to 90 days.  It has now been changed back to 120 days.  Probably because of the new 48 hours cancellation policy but I thing is was a stupid move.  If things calmed down a bit, I would have paid in full on the 90 days due date but now, based on the news of rapid spreading  , I'm cancelling.

10 minutes ago, bbixler18 said:

For a July cruise?  LOL....are you staying in a bubble until this is over with?  Good lord....fearmongering had taken over this country 

What the hell are you talking about?!  If you don't have a July cruise payment due date that you think was  in April and is now March, just keep scrolling by and keep your comments to yourself.

Edited by disneylover89
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

What the hell are you talking about?!  If you don't have a July cruise payment due date that you think was  in April and is now March, just keep scrolling by and keep your comments to yourself.

I'm talking about you canceling a cruise that isn't until July.  Good lord...people have lost their minds!  It's a virus!  I guess you never heard of norovirus?  MSM and their fearmongering have cause people to flip out

17 minutes ago, bbixler18 said:

I'm talking about you canceling a cruise that isn't until July.  Good lord...people have lost their minds!  It's a virus!  I guess you never heard of norovirus?  MSM and their fearmongering have cause people to flip out

When one child has cancer and the other is a type 1 diabetic, yes that is what I will do.  You don't know people's circumstances so leave your comments to yourself.

• Like 3

We are booked for Alaska in July as well.  Did you call NCL and request the 90 day final payment?  My understsanding was that you had to make the request, so I called NCL and had our changed to 90 days.  The agent told me it would probably not show as changed in the system, but it would definitely be 90 days.  She also warned me they would be very strict about the refund policy and recommended we pay in full on day 91 to be certain of no penalties.  All of this took place before the new "48 hour policy" announcement.  My online booking did show a 90 day final payment, but that has flipped back to 120 days.  I am several days past final payment, but my reservation still shows up just as it was booked.  I would suggest you call NCL directly to confirm your 90 day final payment.  Best wishes for your family's health! 

32 minutes ago, poppersgirls said:

We are booked for Alaska in July as well.  Did you call NCL and request the 90 day final payment?  My understsanding was that you had to make the request, so I called NCL and had our changed to 90 days.  The agent told me it would probably not show as changed in the system, but it would definitely be 90 days.  She also warned me they would be very strict about the refund policy and recommended we pay in full on day 91 to be certain of no penalties.  All of this took place before the new "48 hour policy" announcement.  My online booking did show a 90 day final payment, but that has flipped back to 120 days.  I am several days past final payment, but my reservation still shows up just as it was booked.  I would suggest you call NCL directly to confirm your 90 day final payment.  Best wishes for your family's health! 

Thank you!

NCL did change it to 90 days and now back to 120 days.  My final payment is due on the 27th so I assume if I don't pay in full by then my reservation will be cancelled. Then again, it may change 5 more times by then. lol

OMG ... found out on Tues 3/3 (via social media; NOT NCL e-mail) that the 120 day final payment date of Fri 3/6 was changed to a 90 day final payment date of 4/5 (confirmed on vacation summary). "Great  ... now have an additional 30 days to make a decision to sail/not sail." Wrong ... just checked vacation summary & see that final payment is back to 3/6 ... yesterday! So frustrating!  

• Like 1

I was very surprised to see our final payment date moved to 120 days when I thought I had 90.  I'm not sure if it's changed or maybe it was always 120 and I just didn't realize.  

Personally, I don't feel good about paying for a cruise that's 4 months away.  The roller coaster of changing policies are leading me towards just booking something last minute when we're ready to go.  Luckily, our dates are very flexible. 

We're leaning towards just cancelling our next cruise and winging it.  

• Like 1

I know I'm repeating previously posted info, but even if you are cancelling before your due date, as of now - you will only receive FCC's for your Cruisenext deposits and your cash/credit card deposits.  And you won't be able to cancel until the new rules are in effect on Tuesday.

On 3/7/2020 at 11:27 AM, poppersgirls said:

Curious what happened to your booking.  You posted you were several days past final payment, did NCL cancel your cruise?  Did you call to cancel, if so did they refund your deposit, keep it or give you a cruise credit?  Thanks