Future cruise credit ?

39august

Am I correct that any fcc will be for the price of the cancelled cruise alone, with the fees and taxes refunded to the credit card in case of a cancellation? Is it possible to use part of the fcc for two different cruises instead of all for one cruises, please? We have 2 cruises in May in suites, so cruise price is considerable (to me) and we have several future cruises booked, none of which the cruises price is equal to the fcc we will get if we cancel each of those May cruises. 

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Am I correct that any fcc will be for the price of the cancelled cruise alone, with the fees and taxes refunded to the credit card in case of a cancellation? Is it possible to use part of the fcc for two different cruises instead of all for one cruises, please? We have 2 cruises in May in suites, so cruise price is considerable (to me) and we have several future cruises booked, none of which the cruises price is equal to the fcc we will get if we cancel each of those May cruises. 

I have asked for clarification regarding if the FCC can be applies to  furutre cruises already booked, and X Trade Support has not replied. I got both a yes and a no answer through other venues.

Edited by sippican
  • Like 1

I have a FCC question too...if we decide to take it (still planning on sailing but my husband is a police officer so if things get crazy we may have to cancel due to work) who is assigned the credit?  We have two adults, two kids.  Do the kids get the credit?  The adult who was the primary on the account?

We received an FCC last year for our cancelled Silhouette cruise.  The terms and conditions of that FCC did not allow for it to be used for more than one booking.  It was a 50% FCC however so maybe the terms will be different for the 100% FCCs.

Capture.JPG

2 hours ago, sippican said:

I have asked for clarification regarding if the FCC can be applies to  furutre cruises already booked, and X Trade Support has not replied. I got both a yes and a no answer through other venues.

I've been seeking clarification as well. @hcat was told yes, they can be applied to existing bookings, but she'll wait to see what it actually says. I hope this won't be another case of it depends on who you speak to at Celebrity. Do post if you get further information, as I'm sure that there are many of us looking for the answer.

• Like 1

From FAQ on Celeb website....

Q. What if I want to use my Future Cruise Credit on a cruise that’s not the same price as the original booking?

A. Just like any Future Cruise Credit, you will be responsible for paying the difference between the new cruise fare and the amount of the Future Cruise Credit (if any). 

If you apply the Future Cruise Credit on a cruise that’s less expensive, the cruise fare will be covered in full.  Any leftover amount will be issued as a remaining balance Future Cruise Credit 30 days after the sailing and must be used within 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ohiolovescrusing said:

From FAQ on Celeb website....

Q. What if I want to use my Future Cruise Credit on a cruise that’s not the same price as the original booking?

A. Just like any Future Cruise Credit, you will be responsible for paying the difference between the new cruise fare and the amount of the Future Cruise Credit (if any). 

If you apply the Future Cruise Credit on a cruise that’s less expensive, the cruise fare will be covered in full.  Any leftover amount will be issued as a remaining balance Future Cruise Credit 30 days after the sailing and must be used within 6 months.

Thanks for posting this.  It is different than the T&Cs from my FCC.  All of Celebrity's coronavirus information is all center justified on their website which drives me crazy reading it!

My concern is that the fcc is in the names of the people travelling only, not those who are paying ......

If I paid for my elderly parents to travel with us and cancelled, we all receive fcc - if something then happens to one or both parents so that they can no longer travel  - then I lose those fcc.

Surely it should be allocated to the person paying the bill?

Since celebrity is part of the Royal Caribbean brand shouldn't we be able to use the credit across all their platforms. We are cancelling a celebrity cruise in April and just booked a cruise for December  2021

Edited by Drphil2

6 minutes ago, Drphil2 said:

Since celebrity is part of the Royal Caribbean brand shouldn't we be able to use the credit across all their platforms. We are cancelling a celebrity cruise in April and just booked a cruise for December  2021

No, they are very specific that you are limited to using the FCC on the cruise line you originally booked with:

Q. Are Future Cruise Credits interchangeable between brands?

A. Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit can only be applied on the brand by which they were originally issued. That means a guest would not be able to apply a Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit from a Celebrity Cruises sailing on a new Royal Caribbean sailing.

12 minutes ago, Drphil2 said:

That is counter intuitive since it is one company.   Their money is their money....seems ridiculous!

One holding company but a number of subsidiaries operating independently. 

6 hours ago, 39august said:

Taxes and fees are always refunded in full to your credit card. The FCC is in relation to the cruise fare, and what cancellation penalty stage you are in. the closer you get to the cruise you would normally lose the cancellation penalty of 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100%.

The penalty that would normally be lost is what becomes a FCC, and the remaining amout that is normally refundable will be refunded to your credit card.

I believe that if a cruise costs less than your FCC, a second FCC will be generated for the difference in price, but the expiration date is not extended beyond the original expiration date.