Enhanced Hygiene Implementation

Rumpoint Rani

I expected more of a ‘show’ of elevated hygiene on this cruise (small cruise ship) 

Surprised food handlers not wearing gloves. Waiters touching hair and faces ... (?) Also surprised by the number of passengers who ignore sanitation stations entering the dining rooms.... I’m not a seasoned cruise person so perhaps I’m expecting too much (?) 

I wash my hands carefully before leaving my cabin and do not use the stations. They destroy my skin. Not using the stations is not a sign that hands are not clean. I also carry my own sanitizer that is not as harsh as the commercial one they use. It's not feasible for every server to wear gloves and if they are touching more than one person's plates, they would have to continually change gloves. 

• Like 1

Just got back from a fabulous first Windsurf adventure in/out of St Maarten. It was very obvious to me how the crew utilized the sanitizer stations as they went through every doorway...they also refused to shake hands, instead utilizing a fist bump 👊 which became a fun ritual with crew members 😎...there were many reminders throughout the cruise for precautionary measures...I personally never felt threatened by this outbreak in this environment and had a special, beautiful, relaxing vacation!

• Like 2

We just got off the Wind Surf and felt sanitization measures were present everywhere with more people conscious of the issue and washing their hands more frequently.  As we saw the historical events unfold during the past week, I would say most people felt safer on the ship than anywhere else.  We are now back home and will start our self imposed 14 day quarantine as per the government of Canada’s policy for all returning international travellers.