Accidently Purchased Future Cruise on Using Royal App

19 hours ago, Jcol5786 said:

My wife and I were on Anthem 2 weeks ago and had a great cruise. We had been using the Royal App quite a bit on this cruise to check out the activities and MD menus.Toward the end of the cruise she was  playing with the Royal App and accidently purchased a future cruise! She was attempting to do a mock booking to get a price but instead ended up purchasing a future cruise.  We already have 2 cruises booked and we really can't book a third for some time as we don't know our holiday schedule this far out. Since this happened toward the end of the cruise guest services was getting busy so I suggested we wait and call when we get home and explain what happened and see if RC would allow us to cancel this future cruise. Well we have called twice and each time we are told that it cannot be cancelled even though it was a mistake done from within the Royal App. We understand that we have up to a year to book a cruise but our OBC will be gone after 60 days. Looks like RC has our $200 and are hanging on to it. In the end we will probably book something toward the end of the 1 year window but it was a simple mistake and I'm surprised that RC is not being a little flexible since it was done from the app. Just an FYI for those who may not have realized that the app has this feature.

Maybe because you are in Canada the rules are different?  In the US they provide 24 hours to cancel a new booking with no penalty. 

I don't see how you can accidentally agree to all the conditions, then select the execute button if you are trying to get a price quote by doing a mock booking. There are simply no cruises there to book, mock or otherwise. Seems weird to wait until after disembarking, which means the OP essentially accepted the charge to the folio prior to departure.

4 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

I don't see how you can accidentally agree to all the conditions, then select the execute button if you are trying to get a price quote by doing a mock booking. There are simply no cruises there to book, mock or otherwise. Seems weird to wait until after disembarking, which means the OP essentially accepted the charge to the folio prior to departure.

You are buying a future cruise deposit.  You don't select a specific sailing, you lock in on the NextCruise deposit for a cruise you get to pick at a later time within the terms and conditions of the offer.

We were just on the Symphony Feb 8-15th and purchased a Next Cruise at the Next Cruise Desk; we did not choose a sailing date/ship.  We had the option of booking the Next Cruise on the app as shown a couple posts above, however we chose to do it at the Next Cruise Desk due to the fact the app has a limit of 1 Next Cruise booking and the "in person" desk allows 3 Next Cruise bookings.

Just a note regarding the OBC or reduced cruise cost:  the onboard agent who booked our Next Cruise did not ask us whether we wanted an OBC or a cruise cost credit.  It wasn't until I got home and 2 weeks later booked an actual sail date/cruise that I found out that our booking made on the ship had the $100 cost credit.  In the end it doesn't make a difference, but had I been asked when we booked it on board, we would have chose the OBC. 

Soooo, if you choose to book a Next Cruise while onboard the ship, be sure to specify if you want the OBC or a credit on your cruise cost.

On 3/8/2020 at 4:32 PM, Jcol5786 said:

My wife and I were on Anthem 2 weeks ago and had a great cruise. We had been using the Royal App quite a bit on this cruise to check out the activities and MD menus.Toward the end of the cruise she was  playing with the Royal App and accidently purchased a future cruise! She was attempting to do a mock booking to get a price but instead ended up purchasing a future cruise.  We already have 2 cruises booked and we really can't book a third for some time as we don't know our holiday schedule this far out. Since this happened toward the end of the cruise guest services was getting busy so I suggested we wait and call when we get home and explain what happened and see if RC would allow us to cancel this future cruise. Well we have called twice and each time we are told that it cannot be cancelled even though it was a mistake done from within the Royal App. We understand that we have up to a year to book a cruise but our OBC will be gone after 60 days. Looks like RC has our $200 and are hanging on to it. In the end we will probably book something toward the end of the 1 year window but it was a simple mistake and I'm surprised that RC is not being a little flexible since it was done from the app. Just an FYI for those who may not have realized that the app has this feature.

Are you able to cancel one of the 2 cruises you have booked then simply rebook it with your fcc from next cruise?