Royal Caribbean Cancelling Alaska / Europe??

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is she going to a separate drydock for the amplification.  I thought it was all being done at once. 

Not separate, it is all being done at once at the dry dock in Cadiz - technical requirements and amplification.

The point that was being made is that the technical part is a requirement to be completed to continue to sail - the amplification not so.

• Like 1

Explorer is also about to head over to Spain for her drydock after they complete this weeks cruise.  No guests aboard for the crossing.  Biggest concen I've heard is the majority of the contractors are from Italy, so that may confound things for a while, and drydock may take longer than expected.  I'm supposed to cruise on her, from Rome, in July.  (And yes, I know its not actually in Rome, it's just easier to spell)

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 2:48 AM, sergeant655 said:

The problem is if Canada closes ports then cruises out of Seattle would be affected as well as the Jones act requires a stop outside the states.  Seattle based stops typically stops in Victoria so a closure would affect it aswell Canada wants to delay that start of the season 

If US Government REALLY wanted to help, it's time to seriously consider repealing the clause in the Jones act to optimize sailing options for US.  Worst case, we get through Summer with a lot of coastal voyages that were never available in the States prior to this situation.

1 hour ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Just had my TA reach out. They are definitely available for booking; however, she was advised that there will be imminent changes to European sailings and communication would for forthcoming. 

I'd be interested to know where she heard that. I have a group I'm taking on a B2B med cruise in early May and everybody is getting antsy; I haven't seen or heard of anything yet regarding Europe; all of the notices I've gotten from Royal have been exclusively about Asia

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is she going to a separate drydock for the amplification.  I thought it was all being done at once. 

As @ukrccl_a said. It´s not separate but the technical stuff has to be done for reclassification. You can skip the ampflication part.

steamboats

5 hours ago, NanciRDH said:

Explorer is also about to head over to Spain for her drydock after they complete this weeks cruise.  No guests aboard for the crossing.  Biggest concen I've heard is the majority of the contractors are from Italy, so that may confound things for a while, and drydock may take longer than expected.  I'm supposed to cruise on her, from Rome, in July.  (And yes, I know its not actually in Rome, it's just easier to spell)

Not sure about this but most of the workers should be from Spain... It´s a Spanish ship yard to thrive the Spanish economy.

steamboats

1 minute ago, steamboats said:

Not sure about this but most of the workers should be from Spain... It´s a Spanish ship yard to thrive the Spanish economy.

steamboats

Just quoting what I heard from a current EX crewmember earlier this week.  It may well be gossip from them.  It wasnt the drydock as a whole,  but subcontracted work possibly.  I'm sure behind the scenes rumors are a rampant there as they are right here lol.  

We have two cruises booked in the Med later this year, we have heard nothing. Also keep checking for price drops and so far nothing, prices are actually higher than we paid. Airfare has also not dropped.  

We have one booked for August. Actually a few weeks back, it dropped quite a bit. Since then, has gone up a bit. I looked this am and looks like many canceled. This far out, no way am I canceling. Hopefully this will be under control in a few months, and start getting back to normal!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

8 hours ago, NanciRDH said:

Us too cruising from Civitavechia in May and again in July !