Just upgraded to our first balcony cabin -- any tips???

I've been checking prices to see if anyone is canceling on our August 13 sailing (Adventure of the Seas). I found ONE cabin for only $350 more than our promenade-view interior cabin. I feel like this was a steal!

This will be our first balcony cabin ever (on our first RC cruise ever). We've cruised four times with Carnival.

What balcony expert tips can you offer me?

Exactly!   On sea days when there is trouble finding a chair at the pool deck - remember you can simply go to your private balcony and enjoy the view, take a nap, read, etc.      I usually have to check in and doing a little work while I am on cruises so for me nothing like working on my laptop with a glass of wine or mojito and the gorgeous view.    

Also, when you return to your cabin after an adventure on land it is always fun to sit on balcony and watch everyone at port.   Never know what side the ship will dock at to have port view but either way you will have some amazing views.    ENJOY!!!

• Like 1

Don't leave your clothes to dry.  They will definitely blow away.

Don't join the balcony club.  There are cameras everywhere.

Don't leave your door open.  Your A/C will not work and, if someone opens the cabin door, you will have a monsoon in your cabin.

Eat breakfast out there in the mornings.  Nothing better than a good cup of coffee and some food while you pull into port or the sun rises.

Enjoy!  The worst part of getting a balcony for the first time is how hard it is to do without on future cruises.  🙂

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, jahannah said:

Don't leave your door open.  Your A/C will not work and, if someone opens the cabin door, you will have a monsoon in your cabin.

This is not an exaggeration!  🌬️🌫️🌪️

--bruce T. (been there, done that)

Ditto what other posters said.....join the balcony club, coffee in the mornings, wine in the evening & the naps on your balcony on sea days while the sound of the waves put you asleep..... best naps ever!!  You will be balcony spoiled 😎

• Like 2