Transferring booking back to HAL from travel agent

mediator

HAL's forms will only tell you how to transfer a HAL booking to a travel agent.  I assume you already did that and you want to transfer it back to HAL.   That type of transfer would have to initiated by your TA because they now own the booking and HAL takes a hands-off approach.  You will have to convince your TA to give up the commission that HAL would be paying them.  TA's occasionally put up a fight about these re-transfers and start asking for a fee to compensate them for any work they have done on your behalf.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

HAL's forms will only tell you how to transfer a HAL booking to a travel agent.  I assume you already did that and you want to transfer it back to HAL.   That type of transfer would have to initiated by your TA because they now own the booking and HAL takes a hands-off approach.  You will have to convince your TA to give up the commission that HAL would be paying them.  TA's occasionally put up a fight about these re-transfers and start asking for a fee to compensate them for any work they have done on your behalf.

Thank you.  Hopefully my issue will be resolved by T A or by just including HAL on the call.

Our TA transferred my cruise back to HAL in 2017, and shore ex cancelled all of our shore excursions.   I had to repurchase them, and they had gone up in price.

I did read on Royal Caribbean thread about someone that was asking how to transfer their cruise back, because the TA had disappeared.  I think they managed to talk Royal Caribbean into transferring the cruise back.

5 hours ago, mediator said:

I have searched all over for the form or what I need to do should I have to transfer my booking back to HAL.  I have only been able to find “transfer to”.

Thank you.

The form allows for transfer from agent to direct

You should be able to do it. I will have to look up the email. I can't find it. It's something like worldcruises@ hollandamerica.com but you would need to confirm that

Alan

478812708_TransferForm-Blank.pdf

i'm thinking about doing this too.   Glad to know it's possible.

My TA is lame.  

No comms without repeated emails for existing bookings.  Thanks to this forum and being research oriented, I'm not too... high maintenance.  But sometimes I really need a question answered.  Maybe 2-3 q's total for a current booking.   I have to wait a week then re-prompt.

Prompter when it involves a new booking.  Imagine that...

Email me at

TravelInsuranceCompared@gmail.com

Working on a sheet comparing CC vs Ins

Edited by SempreMare

7 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

The form allows for transfer from agent to direct

You should be able to do it. I will have to look up the email. I can't find it. It's something like worldcruises@ hollandamerica.com but you would need to confirm that

Alan

478812708_TransferForm-Blank.pdf 158.94 kB · 8 downloads

Thank you...I see agency to direct.  I’m hoping that my travel agent is just overwhelmed and will get back to me soon. I called on Monday to cancel two cruises I have booked for 3/29 & 4/5.  I have had no call yet.  I was able to get through to HAL in 8 minutes yesterday and I told them that I wanted to cancel with the 72 hr policy, and what should I do if the agent does not get back back to me.  She said call us back and we can call with you.  I do have the medical compassion for cancel anytime as referenced in the letter. My husband is getting his last immunotherapy on Monday, which of course the dr says these cruises that were a celebration of getting this behind us, is now dr. a deal breaker with the corona virus.

3 hours ago, mediator said:

Thank you...I see agency to direct.  I’m hoping that my travel agent is just overwhelmed and will get back to me soon. I called on Monday to cancel two cruises I have booked for 3/29 & 4/5.  I have had no call yet.  I was able to get through to HAL in 8 minutes yesterday and I told them that I wanted to cancel with the 72 hr policy, and what should I do if the agent does not get back back to me.  She said call us back and we can call with you.  I do have the medical compassion for cancel anytime as referenced in the letter. My husband is getting his last immunotherapy on Monday, which of course the dr says these cruises that were a celebration of getting this behind us, is now dr. a deal breaker with the corona virus.

When I wanted the transfer form I emailed World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com and they replied in a few hours, I then filled out the form and replied to the same email. I think the total time from start to completed transfer was 3 days. That was when the world was normal and the cruise-lines weren't overwhelmed.

Thanks

Alan

24 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

When I wanted the transfer form I emailed World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com and they replied in a few hours, I then filled out the form and replied to the same email. I think the total time from start to completed transfer was 3 days. That was when the world was normal and the cruise-lines weren't overwhelmed.

Thanks

Alan

Thank you.  I just don’t want to rush to judgement.  The industry is overwhelmed, but so am I. I don't appreciate not receiving even a quick email that I am in the line to be serviced. I will wait until Monday and then call HAL and see if We can try the office and get a manager to answer with HAl on the line. 
thank you. Cindy

On 3/12/2020 at 11:34 AM, AlanF65 said:

Thanks

Alan

So, to everyone that has responded thank you. I thought I would update. My travel agent called yesterday.  Of course I was driving and did not have my focus on the cruises. She said that she spoke with Holland America and told them to cancel. She said that it Is being done by departure date, and in a few weeks I will see the credit.

Go home, tell husband the good news. He says can she put that in writing.  
I told him no I feel confident this will happen.

Please tell me to relax . I have received no accounting from the travel agent, my reservations are still on my account, no cancellation number.

I have never been in this situation where I had Fcc’s for canceling and future cruises.
Should I take a chill pill or am I not being forceful enough.

my cruises were for 3/29 and 4/5 th.

thank you in advance