HAL Visa Rewards Beverage Cards

Sharon in AZ

We decided tonight to cancel our cruise on the Maasdam Pacific Coast sailing April 27th, mostly due to ports being cancelled, Santa Barbara and Monterey are for sure, and probably Seattle, Victoria and Vancouver are next after reading the recent articles here on CC.  I had redeemed HAL Visa credit card rewards points for $250 worth of Beverage Cards and tonight called the rewards department to cancel them.  I was told that an "investigation team" would get back to me if I would be able to receive the points back to my account. 

Does anyone have experience with this?  Did you get your points back?  I did a search and couldn't find anything related to Beverage Cards.

9 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

We decided tonight to cancel our cruise on the Maasdam Pacific Coast sailing April 27th, mostly due to ports being cancelled, Santa Barbara and Monterey are for sure, and probably Seattle, Victoria and Vancouver are next after reading the recent articles here on CC.  I had redeemed HAL Visa credit card rewards points for $250 worth of Beverage Cards and tonight called the rewards department to cancel them.  I was told that an "investigation team" would get back to me if I would be able to receive the points back to my account. 

Does anyone have experience with this?  Did you get your points back?  I did a search and couldn't find anything related to Beverage Cards.

Yes. I had to do it 2 years ago. I think HAL had to notify Barclays . Be patient, I know it took more than 1 billing cycle.

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Yes. I had to do it 2 years ago. I think HAL had to notify Barclays . Be patient, I know it took more than 1 billing cycle.

I'll be patient then.  Of course I was talking to someone with an accent I couldn't understand at a call center so we will see.

Thank you for your reply 1Angelcat!