Princess Suspending Operations for 60 Days

ozzie0075

1 hour ago, fatcat04 said:

Wow. Disneyland and Disney World almost never shut down. Universal parks are also closing.

Just read that on the Disney Cruises.  Heard earlier about Disneyland and Daughter who lives near Orlando told me about Disney World and Universal.  😢

Just now, idiebabe said:

Just read that on the Disney Cruises.  Heard earlier about Disneyland and Daughter who lives near Orlando told me about Disney World and Universal.  😢

The park employees will continue to get paid and the resort hotels and restaurants outside the parks will be open. Tough times for the local economy though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fatcat04 said:

The park employees will continue to get paid and the resort hotels and restaurants outside the parks will be open. Tough times for the local economy though. 

It sure is a tough time for Businesses.  Disney may not resume Operations in April, more Ports may close, etc.    We own a Family-owned Restaurant and haven’t seen a change in Sales as of yet.   We’re in a Tourist Town but majority of our Customers are Locals.  We’re hoping we don’t get hit too hard as this situation continues to get worse!  🤞🤞🤞

7 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Wouldn't the refunds come from customer deposits?  

Guessing at some numbers...just to size the possible cost of refunds:

Princess has

18 ships 

average passenger fare $175/day 
2500 avg passengers per ship 

out of service for 60 days

If 100% of the passengers elect to have 100% refund...the total refunded would be in the area of $350 million.  Of course many of the passengers will accept future cruise credits instead of cash back....but I'm just sizing the cash needed now for the refunds.  My guess is that it will probably cost less than $100 million in cash for the refunds.  Carnival has far more than that in cash without tapping their credit lines. 

Edited by ghstudio