Spain banning cruise ships

WonderMan3

40 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

The ban is for 2 weeks. Would not - unless extended - effect much as Mediterranean has little cruise traffic in March.

For now, but it will likely be extended. It is impacting other cruise lines like MSC right now.

Agree.

Guess what does this mean in the larger context?  Doing the math in Europe with Norway, Spain and Italy closed for months along with Russia sure seems IF - no predictions for the future - cruising there this year won't happen.

The next few weeks will be crucial. Need to see a light at the end of the tunnel soon.  Hopeful.

In a way.. I hope the cruiselines just cancel Europe.. and make other plans.  What plans I don't know.... but it seems to me it would make life easier for all concerned.  That way everyone could just make alternate vacation plans closer to home.

On 3/12/2020 at 5:50 PM, ocngypz said:

In a way.. I hope the cruiselines just cancel Europe.. and make other plans.  What plans I don't know.... but it seems to me it would make life easier for all concerned.  That way everyone could just make alternate vacation plans closer to home.

I agree 100%.  The waiting and wondering game is agonizing, people are being held hostage.  Let us make other plans.

18 minutes ago, Cruiz'nBaers said:

I agree 100%.  The waiting and wondering game is agonizing, people are being held hostage.  Let us make other plans.

Our cruise hasn't been cancelled yet and we are beyond final payment.  We didn't feel like we were held hostage once the Cruise With Confidence was announced.  We took that option, cancelled our cruise took the FCC  and made other plans for our vacation.

We have cruises scheduled in the fall and at that point we hope the cruises will be sailing, if it is still in a state of limbo we will cancel and look forward to our 2021 cruises.  We are out about $800, much of that non-refundable post cruise travel.  But life is to short to spend worrying about something I can take control of.

• Like 1