Yet Another Future CRUISE Question

On 3/17/2020 at 10:47 AM, ronrick1943 said:

Sure, we were on anther cruise and something went really wrong and they made an offer of a FFC.  We took it and applied it to a new cruise (this one that was cancelled), so when we booked a cruise we transfer our FFC to the cruise-put they didn't (wouldn't) transfer the FFC we had credit for (stating it can't be used again--well it was never used-just taken back).

Thanks.  Just one point, the source of your FCC was not money paid for a cancelled cruise, so I wonder if they will treat that differently?  This is really more of a delay of funds we paid.  Sort of like purchasing On Board Credit vs. OBC as a perk from the cruise line, one is refundable, one is not.  But who knows?  I guess the real question is how the Insurance company would treat this FCC since it was actually. payment for a cruise?

7 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Thanks.  Just one point, the source of your FCC was not money paid for a cancelled cruise, so I wonder if they will treat that differently?  This is really more of a delay of funds we paid.  Sort of like purchasing On Board Credit vs. OBC as a perk from the cruise line, one is refundable, one is not.  But who knows?  I guess the real question is how the Insurance company would treat this FCC since it was actually. payment for a cruise?

I'm sure it is, however I shouldn't be able to get money back, but I should be able to apply that FFC to another cruise--they should be able to cancel kit because of a time table set--when I did meet the set time for using it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

I'm sure it is, however I shouldn't be able to get money back, but I should be able to apply that FFC to another cruise--they should be able to cancel kit because of a time table set--when I did meet the set time for using it.  

Agreed.  FCC should be treated like "frequent flier miles."  That is, if you cancel a cruise, no matter when you cancel, the FCC should be redeposited into your account.  Even a small administrative fee is acceptable.  I believe for Frequent Flier miles there is a 72 hour window prior to the flight, but even that is most reasonable.