Wish I had a crystal ball!

skings

I have posted before about my Norwegian Flight being cancelled, now trying to get passed mixed messages from

Tap Portugal. I am booked Orly to Miami on May 5th. I am here in Florida because the TA on MSC Meraviglia was

cancelled. 

My question, that I have tried to ask , since Tap Portugal is a member of Star Alliance would I be able to use a future credit

from them on United? I have Air France credit that states can be used on Delta. I am 77 with underlying conditions so I dont think 

a European journey is my near future at least not before 12/20, the date FAC ends. Of course I would be happy if Tap cancels my flight.

25 minutes ago, skings said:

My question, that I have tried to ask , since Tap Portugal is a member of Star Alliance would I be able to use a future credit

from them on United? I have Air France credit that states can be used on Delta. I am 77 with underlying conditions so I dont think a European journey is my near future at least not before 12/20, the date FAC ends. Of course I would be happy if Tap cancels my flight.

To follow on to Bruce....one reason for the AF-DL credit arrangement is the cross-ownership and joint ventures between the two.  DL has about a 10% share of AF, and all TATL revenue for DL/AF/KL flights are shared between the two companies.

TAP and United have no such arrangement or ownership, so they are stand alone entities.   You'll be able to use those TAP credits on TAP operated flights plus any UA flights that might carry a TAP codeshare bookable through TAP.  But I would suspect that most of those would be domestic UA flights in combination with a connection to a TAP TATL flight.