Kenai wilderness hike

andimark

If you want feedback, you'll need to post a link or copy/paste a description.

The hike that came up when I googled, indicates a 4hr trip and you go to Russian River Falls.  If this is your hike, no you can't do it from the Lodge.  The Falls are about 10 miles from the Lodge.

The Kenai Princess is a beautiful property and a beautiful setting, but it's very isolated. IIRC it's about 2 miles from the hwy.  

Don't know if there is a taxi service in Cooper Landing but Wildmans has or had a shuttle service. If you do go to the falls be sure and bring bear spray with you. When the salmon are running there are plenty of bears around. I had a bad incident with one in 2006.

I haven't read posts regarding it lately but the lodge used to not allow vendors to pick up people on their property. They had to walk the two miles down to the end of the road. You might want to check. The lodge or Wildman's will know.

I used to stay about a half mile from the Lodge. Their property does not extend to the main hwy there fore I would think you need not walk that far. I think if you do some research you can find a solution. I will be up there the whole month of July+ if this mess clears up!