FCC question

jp2746

We have past final payment and just spoke with RCC.  They told me that if we receive the FCC it is assigned to the person and only they can use it.  He said that the second passenger will get less than the first passenger.  That isn't good.  I looked at our reservation and we paid 700+ or one passenger and 200+ for the second passenger. So, that means that we would have to find that same scenario if we re-book.  

I would much rather have my money back.  I would love to go but we are going with my 77 year old FIL.   I can't imagine his doctor signing off on him boarding a boat for a week.  

I am so sad and do not want to cancel, but if they will not allow my father in law on the boat, will they return our money?  It's not like we don't want to go, I just don't think he will be allowed.  How is this situation being handled?

Just have to wait and see. If I had to guess I'd say after they process these cancellations they will cancel another 30 days of cruises.

No one can tell you if your date will be cancelled or  not. No one knows.. even if you told us your sailing date. 

Join the crowd of us waiting to find out lol.

1 hour ago, jp2746 said:

I am so sad and do not want to cancel, but if they will not allow my father in law on the boat, will they return our money?  It's not like we don't want to go, I just don't think he will be allowed.  How is this situation being handled?

From my understanding If they deny boarding to anyone in the party, the entire party will/can be refunded.  

FCC can be a tricky thing because, as you were told, it is applied to each person and isn't always beneficial when involving multiple people. If everyone in your party will be cruising again within the next year, then it's wise to get it. But if just one person cannot, the extra 25% is not worth the aggravation of trying to ensure all FCC gets used; making it better to accept the full refund.

Edited by Mr. Candyman