for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

40 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We dropped our landline in 2016, haven’t missed it once. 

we have Xfinity. Cable, internet & phone. Cable will be gone when we figure out streaming. Our phone is Sooo much cheaper with Xfinity than AT&T & our service is better

Hi Melody, I have cable too and have never even tried to figure out streaming.

• Like 1

I still have my landline.  I don't carry my cell around the house - it's always in my purse sitting on the kitchen counter and it's always on silent mode.  I don't give out my cell number unless I have to (work, some friends, contact in case of emergency on vacation).  I have it down to basic service so it isn't that expensive.  I keep a dumb "princess" type phone around in case the power goes out or something like that - just plug it in and it'll work.  I just don't want to rely on my cell for everything.   I do have Xfinity for my TV and internet.  My TV in the living room is from 2009, so it isn't the "smartest" one and I can so some streaming.  My TV in the bedroom is totally dumb so it needs cable - can't do rabbit ears up here in the mountains.  

I lost a day somewhere!  I swore today was Sunday.  oops.

OOTD:  It's going to get up to 80 today so it's Tshirt and shorts today,

I don't carry my cell around the house....maybe my floor plan is different but I keep my cell on the end table next to my lazy boy in the living room and can hear it from whatever room I am in....

And I went to the Xfinity store and the package I am on actually saves me more than I would pay to get rid of the land line. So, I will keep it for now but I really got so annoyed the other day I unplugged it and wrapped the cord around the phone and put it in the other room. So it is still active but I got tired of have it ring with one spam call after another.

I "cut the cord" with my land line when I moved to my condo in 2022 and haven't looked back. At that time I had an AT&T bundle and I wanted to change up my internet anyway, since AT&T isn't that great....

Now I have T-Mobile for my phone (good international coverage and rates) and I have Xfinity for internet and TV. Every year Xfinity tries to raise my rates and every year I call them about it and they 'magically' find another, cheaper package that I'm eligible for that usually covers me for the next 12 months....

My condo isn't that big, so keeping close to the phone isn't a big deal. As part of the T-Mobile deal I got a new iPhone and the cost for the cable, internet and cell is still cheaper than I was paying before for cable, internet and land-line. (I didn't have to pay for my cell, my company subsidized it as long as I was willing to use it for work.)