Your next P&O cruise

Eddie99

Seriously - when do you, realistically, think you might be cruising again?  (I’d like to add with any line, but that is likely to get this post whisked off to The Pub or similar; post as you think fit)

We have bookings (with P&O) for

July 2020

October 2020

January 2021

November 2021

January 2022

Def. don’t see 2020 cruises happening anyway

Don’t think I want to cruise in peak respiratory infection time = January, so not Jan 2021

November 2021  no-fly round trip to Caribbean - sounds tempting

January 2022 - see January 2021

Maybe it’s just me; maybe I’m over reacting, or looking on the bleak side, but at the moment I’m not fussed if I never cruise again.  Anyone else?  
Things look so bad for travel & hospitality.  This isn’t going to be over any time soon

Earliest is 2022, but P&O would have a very hard time tempting me to book with them again. Having said that, who can tell it all depends how long this all goes on, and nobody knows the answer to that yet.

My cruise is due to depart on April 12th. Unless it gets cancelled, we’re going.

This assumes that the FCO relax their stance. Which they won’t. Which means P&O will cancel. They won’t operate against FCO advice.

Edited by molecrochip
  • Like 1

Arcadia  - November 6th 2020 Med. We will definitely be going if P&O don't cancel. 

Arcadia  - October 9th 2021 Med again. As you can see we love the Med 😊.  We'll be going if the ships are still sailing 😆😉.

Avril 

July 2020 - already transferred to May 2021

July 2021

and November 2021

Hoping the world will be safer place by then - all this year's plans have fallen by the wayside.  We'll certainly be in need of a holiday when we can resume travelling but in the meantime, we've just got to roll with it and hope for the best.

Good luck to everyone with their amended plans, refunds, re-bookings - whatever but above all good health and keep safe. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

My cruise is due to depart on April 12th. Unless it gets cancelled, we’re going.

This assumes that the FCO relax their stance. Which they won’t. Which means P&O will cancel. They won’t operate against FCO advice.

We're on the same cruise - as you say, there is no way that we can go, because of Government advice, and also because the ship can't go anywhere. However,  P&O are deliberately trying to force us to take FCC, at an even lower level than previously offered, when legally, they have to provide a refund.

By trying to wriggle out of their responsibilities, they are alienating thousands of customers, whereas a more proactive, generous approach would have earned them kudos and greater loyalty for the future.

• Like 1

Nobody knows of course when this will all be over.  The leaked Public Health England report suggests Spring 2021, by which point most of the population will have contracted the virus, and those who are going to die will have died.  Even at that point mass vaccination seems unlikely, so people particularly at risk will probably still be trying to avoid contact with people - and the last place I'd want to be, even then, is a cruise ship.

For me, I'll only cruise again if and when there's an effective vaccine available to me, or if the effects of the virus become less serious as it changes.

• Like 1

Realistically, I reckon PandO will cancel our forthcoming cruises (April & May) and we'll take the refund.

Positively, aka hopefully; our Iona cruise will go ahead and FCO advice will be relaxed.

Then we've got Arcadia's 2021 worldie.  Hopefully she will make it back in time from her current worldie as we really do want to go ahead on that one, even though I'm fizzing at PandO's current stance 😠.

Last one booked is another usually once only a year itinery (for PandO), so reluctant to forego the deposit just so I can 🖕 PandO even though it is only 5%.

That said, I reserve the right to use cancellation and therefore the balances of our post 2020 cruises as weapons if PandO don't play fairly regarding our 2020 cruises.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

We're on the same cruise - as you say, there is no way that we can go, because of Government advice, and also because the ship can't go anywhere. However,  P&O are deliberately trying to force us to take FCC, at an even lower level than previously offered, when legally, they have to provide a refund.

By trying to wriggle out of their responsibilities, they are alienating thousands of customers, whereas a more proactive, generous approach would have earned them kudos and greater loyalty for the future.

And, as has been said several times before, would even existing annual travel insurance cover COVID19 for a later booking, let alone any new policies taken out?

When we got back from Oceana in earlier this month we said that depending on P&O's reponse to our complaint the June cruise would may be our last cruise with P&O.  I understand that P&O are busy now with the Coronavirus situation but a quick phone call, letter or email just to say sorry would have been appreciated but no response means that we will hang fire and see whether the June cruise sails or we get a full cash refund but it will be our last P&O cruise.

Attached is the the photo that I sent to P&O of the smelly contents of our bin when we boarded Oceana.

IMG_20200223_171504-2.jpg

Edited by Josy1953

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

When we got back from Oceana in earlier this month we said that depending on P&O's reponse to our complaint the June cruise would may be our last cruise with P&O.  I understand that P&O are busy now with the Coronavirus situation but a quick phone call, letter or email just to say sorry would have been appreciated but no response means that we will hang fire and see whether the June cruise sails or we get a full cash refund but it will be our last P&O cruise.

Attached is the the photo that I sent to P&O of the smelly contents of our bin when we boarded Oceana.

Yuk!  Horrible.  Customer service from the onboard staff is usually excellent - it's the back office staff that let it down, and yet they're being paid infinitely more. 

Just now, Harry Peterson said:

Yuk!  Horrible.  Customer service from the onboard staff is usually excellent - it's the back office staff that let it down, and yet they're being paid infinitely more. 

We were treated on board as if we were a nuisance for complaining, they have us goodwill gesture of a bottle of house wine.

41 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We were treated on board as if we were a nuisance for complaining, they have us goodwill gesture of a bottle of house wine.

Fair point - I was thinking really of the staff servicing the rooms and restaurants. 

Some of the customer service desk staff can be bad - but that's usually the result of a poor or lazy customer service manager, directing them badly.  I found the same, and the CSM had sealed himself off from complaints by telling the staff not to allow customers to access him.  I had to do it via an email from the ship to the CEO, but it did the trick.

I know our April cruise will be cancelled. I have the brochure by my side to look for an alternative.

I'm willing if it's within NHS advice to go on a revised Iona maiden around the UK. I didn't book it because it was exactly the same itinerary as we did last year but I would love to go on the first cruise of a brand new ship.

I'm not giving up on my future cruises until I have to.

Remember the saying 'one day this too will pass!'

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Seriously - when do you, realistically, think you might be cruising again?  (I’d like to add with any line, but that is likely to get this post whisked off to The Pub or similar; post as you think fit)

July 2020

October 2020

January 2021

November 2021

January 2022

Don’t think I want to cruise in peak respiratory infection time = January, so not Jan 2021

Maybe it’s just me; maybe I’m over reacting, or looking on the bleak side, but at the moment I’m not fussed if I never cruise again.  Anyone else?  
Things look so bad for travel & hospitality.  This isn’t going to be over any time soon

Our next P&O cruise is next February.

We were supposed to be flying out to Barbados tomorrow to meet Azura and sail back to Southampton but P&O have suspended cruises.

We have been singing.

'Oh we are going to Barbados'

for the last few weeks as well.😭

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

We had to send proof of my heart attack so hopefully we get a full refund.

FCC is no good as we don't know if or when the government advice on medical issues will be lifted for cruising.

As soon as this mess is firmly in the rear view mirror I will be looking to book again.

I am sure my cruise at the end of April will be cancelled. It's annoying I'm still waiting for a decision, but I can understand P&O dragging their feet over pulling the plug. 

However irritating this situation is, look at the people stuck in Morocco, the Philippines, and Peru to name just three. At least with a cruise you aren't going to be dumped on the quayside and left to sort yourself out...

I have had some wonderful holidays on P&O and look forward to booking again. I enjoy the food and most of the entertainment, and unlike some other cruise lines, I don't feel like I'm having my pants pulled down every time I buy a drink or book an excursion. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

July 2020

October 2020

January 2021

November 2021

January 2022

We still want to cruise. Frank can't fly anymore so if we don't cruise we won't be able to go abroad and there's still plenty more we want to see.

Avril 

I have one booked for 11th July 2020. I am always optimistic, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that travel restrictions will be much more relaxed by then. If the cruise is still on, I will still be on it. If P&O cancel because of WHO directive I will be gutted.

On the other point about how bad P&O are. I have to say, that so far, I have found them to be nothing short of superb!! Especially given the current situation.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We still want to cruise. Frank can't fly anymore so if we don't cruise we won't be able to go abroad and there's still plenty more we want to see.

Avril 

Same here Avril. 

We would go tomorrow if allowed and we felt fairly safe. 

Gonna miss it for sure. 

Andy 

• Like 2

Back on topic.

My next cruise would have been P&O Ventura April 4 - cancelled.

I am booked to sail with Star Clippers in early July, Rome to Venice. I doubt if I will!

In September I am due to go small ship island hopping in Northern Croatia with Saga. Very much in the balance methinks.

Which then leads to P&O Azura in the Caribbean next January. Realistically, this is the first which I have any confidence will go ahead.

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Inside knowledge,  presumably? :classic_wink:

Possible!

Not unhappy with Shirlthesinger,

She is  imparting interesting information, maybe not able to fully open up.

Assumed Female if not--------- fooled me. Pardon

I think all of us, are not pushing for FCC or refunds straight away, just want certainty, and honesty in all things to do with our own bookings. 

The best thing they can do, is no cruises, well until Shirl says, past October

And we will contact you about refund or enhanced FCC, As soon as the work load allows

We could all, then, get on with dying,

Comfortable in the knowledge that our love ones will receive the benefit!