The Post Your Favorite Celebrity Cruise Photos Thread

WonderMan3

7 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

Always thought that an excursion in a small boat through the locks would be neat.  Will have to look into it next time whenever that is .   Great picture of the unique view!

It was really cool. We cruised almost 50% of the canal. I think we got on the boat around Gamboa and then sailed through two sets of locks out to the Pacific. Someday I'd like to do a full transit on a big cruise ship.

On 5/10/2020 at 4:03 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you for explaining.

I’m sorry I was so stupid to not understand something I had never heard of. Naming it after a dish that is definitely not ice cream or gelato was confusing - at least for me.

Maybe next time ask what it was instead of calling something "disgusting" that someone clearly enjoyed. Just a thought...

23 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

23 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Everyone looks for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  I found it cruising into Antigua on the Connie in February 2016. Too bad it ended in front of a container area but no pot of gold

.image.thumb.jpeg.70359e6e500adce167aa542c3fe4ee8c.jpeg

That looks like it’s going into one of those containers. Probably full of drugs!!

Edited by Newbury newbie
  • Like 1

Captain Leo proudly hands over Celebrity Summit to Celebrity's newest Captain, Kate McCue midway through our September 6, 2015 14 Night Canada/New England cruise. Capt Leo mastered to Quebec when Capt Kate then took the helm.

image.thumb.jpeg.6244cba78ef95b96b528be00369005f2.jpeg

She's in Civies because she was not the Captain yet.

Then an early morning jog. Capt Leo outpacing Capt Kate.

image.jpeg

IMG_0470.JPG

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

The magnificent Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence. My wife loves climbing steps so of course we had to do the bell tower but the view is amazing. Taken on a Florence on your own excursion from the Solstice in 2011.

P1020962ms.jpg

P1030027ms.jpg

P1030053s.jpg

Edited by JBare
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

I'll bet you every St. Kitts cruiser has taken this shot at some point. 😀

Probably so. Actually, there have been quite a few photos on the thread that I have duplicates for and at one point was thinking of posting my matches with the originals. Gee, if only I had more spare time on my hands... :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

At Mullet Bay Beach in St. Maarten from port stop on Eclipse in January 2016. The waves can get really intense here at times. I chose not to go in the water this day as it was too rough but my husband decided to brave it (against my advice) and wound up getting knocked on his face by a wave. Luckily he was not injured.

2462.JPG

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 12:46 PM, Newbury newbie said:

Queen’s Staircase, Nassau

A03E8E98-A4B2-4D9E-AF70-D5212C72DA25.jpeg

Bringing back a great family memory, thank you.

My wife and daughter stayed on the ship and went to the spa. My son and I did the walking to tour to find the Queen's staircase. The directions I had printed out were not that great, but we eventually found it. It was great. Besides the wonderment of creating the actual staircase (and why), there is a neat water wall on the left of this picture. When we got back to the ship and told the other two, since we had plenty of time, they made us take them there and they were equally impressed.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Bringing back a great family memory, thank you.

My wife and daughter stayed on the ship and went to the spa. My son and I did the walking to tour to find the Queen's staircase. The directions I had printed out were not that great, but we eventually found it. It was great. Besides the wonderment of creating the actual staircase (and why), there is a neat water wall on the left of this picture. When we got back to the ship and told the other two, since we had plenty of time, they made us take them there and they were equally impressed.

Here's a shot of the water wall.

P3130025.thumb.jpeg.15000ebcb24f7588961b320f74d8e150.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1