New email from Carnival about Radiance cruises

lensonlife

If Radiance gets cancelled we'll likely switch to Pride since we'll have our step-granddaughter with us and we don't want to fly. (This supposes of course that sailings for other ships will still be taking place in August.)

2 hours ago, adventuredancer said:

those of us on Radiance sailings before June 11 were all just cancelled as of last night. got the email around midnight

I think we all saw it coming, but it doesn’t make some feel any less let down (by the situation- not placing blame on Carnival, etc.). I was surprised 6/29 was not included and expect it will be in time. I really NEED a vacation away, so I’m holding on by thread to hope. I know this is not realistic given the state of our nation.

Edited by lensonlife

I'm on the 7/29.  Final payment is the end of April for me.  I'm gonna decide whether to cancel of not just before the date, dependent on the situation at the time:

Pros to cancel before final payment...get my "non-refundable deposit" refunded as FCC and go on with life

Pros to cancel after final payment...get a better offer for FCC/OBC

Cons to cancel after final payment...tie up $2XXX that can only be used within a year

I like to think what's the worst that can happen (cruise canceled) and then anything better than that will be "good".

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I'm on the 7/29.  Final payment is the end of April for me.  I'm gonna decide whether to cancel of not just before the date, dependent on the situation at the time:

Pros to cancel before final payment...get my "non-refundable deposit" refunded as FCC and go on with life

Pros to cancel after final payment...get a better offer for FCC/OBC

Cons to cancel after final payment...tie up $2XXX that can only be used within a year

I like to think what's the worst that can happen (cruise canceled) and then anything better than that will be "good".

I thought that Carnival’s window of (nearly) 3 years with their cancellation of these Radiance cruises was very generous (and necessary given the circumstances)- book before the end of 2020, and cruise before the end of 2022 with a 100% FCC and $600 OBC

Edited by lensonlife

We are booked on an October Canada New England cruise going out of NYC.  I've only put the deposit down at this point, but I have bought our airline tickets.  So i'm optimistic they may keep the fall schedule.  

• Like 1