P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

33 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I did.😉 Not the whole one though, it's a litre bottle of JD. 

Avril 

Hic, excuse me 😆

I have got to 1 and 3/4 bottles of Sauvignon Blanc, but I have been doing a quiz with old friends on zoom, as well.

So it disappeared quite quickly! This did include lunch! The night is still young!

Glad to see my friend JD has cheered you up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

was trying to work out what my youngest is in as it’s called foundation stage 1(fs1)

my eldest is in year1 so I get that one. 
I think that it means that only one of my kids will be going back. 

Hi Vampiress

FS1 is nursery/pre-school and FS2 is Rececption/Year R, hope that helps. I've read that they're expecting more details over the next few days on plans for reopening nurseries.

Sarah

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Hi Vampiress

FS1 is nursery/pre-school and FS2 is Rececption/Year R, hope that helps. I've read that they're expecting more details over the next few days on plans for reopening nurseries.

Sarah

I’ve just been told this by another mum in my youngest child class. 
it’s gonna be awful asking kids to social distance 

we went for a walk last week and my youngest absolutely loves her teacher, whole class does, she’s got kids herself only a few years older and they always cuddle her in the morning etc. After weeks of not seeing anyone in person she knows outside of these four walls we bumped into this teacher with her kids and my youngest wanted to hug her but she couldn’t and she was so upset and even though she knows and repeats what I tell her about the virus she can’t quiet understand why she can’t see her teacher when she could a few weeks back. 

I don’t think I will be sending my eldest back in June unless it’s enforced. Think it will cause more issues than it will help

• Like 1

Unless the lockdown rule on not visiting other houses is eased I think that it will be difficult for some parents to go back to work and send their children to school.  

My niece is a nurse and is having to work 3 nights per week on the covid ward, her husband went back to work 2 weeks ago and until she can bring her children to me she will have to carry on working nights even though she is desperate to go back to her regular ward on days because she has no child care.

Quiz time 

Okay just for a bit of fun people, name the answer to the clue with well known chocolate boxes/bars & sweets from past & present. It’s a candy riddle. 

Eg. I am a man from Malta = malteasers 

1.Sly giggles

2.High class thoroughfare(the best place to live)

3 Money making royalty 

4 Mother's local 

5 Clever folk

6 Sport for princes

7 Dairy holder

8 Garden flowers 

9 Assorted girls 

10 Arrange marriage partners

11 Edible fasteners 

12 Wobbly infants

13 Talk quietly 

14 Big bus 

15 Following the fat lady

16 Spin around 

17 Pick up 7

18 Big cats pub 

19 Noisy insects 

20 One who wanders 

21 Lots of parties 

22 Outside meal 

23 Easily blown 

24 Cunning slow moving ice

25 Reward 

26 Ten cent pub 

27 Punishment for nuts

28 Little Diamonds 

29 Seaside Stone 

30 Ten pin bowling

will post the answers tomorrow 

btw I did this at work last week and was terrible at it. Enjoy 

2 hours ago, NoFlyGuy said:

The worry I have is that while the number of daily deaths as shown by the 7 day moving average has steadily been declining,

the number of daily positive tests has been fairly constant.

Yes we are testing more and It might not be 100,000 a day but has increased but where are all these 4,000 or so a day showing positive picking up the infection?

Which is why the whole testing policy has been a complete joke. The government decides who to test, and, obviously chooses those that will be exposed to the virus, so, obviously, the number of positive results stay high. Meanwhile, in the general population,  there is less  transmission  of the disease, but we are still subject to draconian lock down measures. 

In my local area, we have had 74 cases of CV19,  out of a population of over 100,000. Statistically insignificant,  yet the powers that be seem unable to realise that   what may be appropriate in central London is totally irrelevant to rural parts of the country.

And,  as for  Boris,  well, as has been said, scientists provide data, politicians make decisions,  and Boris seems to be letting   certain scientists make decisions for him. The public voted for Boris  as a leader - they did not vote for some unknown cabal of scientists to lead the country into economic disaster.

The country needs to get back to work before the economy declines into an irreversible abyss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well that was a confusing mess last night from Boris Johnson, wasn't it?  Vague, no detail, confusing 'Stay Alert' (alert to what?) message - all the usual bluster and waffle, and nothing of much use to anyone.  Just more questions.

Feel very sorry for employers with employees 'encouraged' to return to work this morning - how were they supposed to contact their employees last night?  What to tell them?  What responsibilities do they have?  How do the employees get to work if they're advised not to use public transport?

What about the quarantine imposed on people coming to the UK?  Is it just airlines?  Does it exclude France as suggested this morning?  Does it exclude ports and Eurostar?

Can you drive 100 miles to the beach?  People in small seaside resorts are scared still of mass influxes like this from the big cities where infection rates are so much higher?

What a mess!  And meanwhile we still can't achieve anywhere near the 100,000 tests a day promised, PPE is still a mess, and we've got the highest death rate in Europe, second highest in the world.  Another fine mess you've got us into!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There is absolutely no logic to this new policy. I can now drive somewhere to go for a walk, surrounded by hundreds of strangers. But, if on the way to the walk, I drive past my mother's house,  I can't  go into her garden and sit 2 metres away from her. Absolutely senseless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vampiress88 said:

That’s good harry

they are all bumbling idiots it seems. 

woke up this morning and actually wondered what was the point. Not sure I would be out of bed now if the kids hadn’t made me by stealing my covers. 

Looks like we are moving in the right direction. Off to the seaside this week, some shops opening soon, coffee shops and restaurants,holidays in July, people going back to work. Some things to look forward to. Good news. Sure some folks don't want to go to work,some like getting paid for doing not a lot. Some people like to moan and winge, they enjoy it. Cheer up folks it's going in the right direction. People are doing their best to sort out a problem that has affected the whole world, a problem they didn't start, or want. Be happy, soon be over.😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tommart said:

advised not to use public transport?

Get the quote right! The BBC said the same thing. What Boris actually said was 'don't use public transport "Unless You Have To!"  Not the same advice at all. This is exactly why there is confusion. Chinese Whispers are not helpful 

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Off to the seaside this week,

So how is it OK to travel a hundred miles to go to the seaside, and mingle with hundreds of strangers, but you are not allowed to travel 1 mile to visit your family? Explain the logic to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

So how is it OK to travel a hundred miles to go to the seaside, and mingle with hundreds of strangers, but you are not allowed to travel 1 mile to visit your family? Explain the logic to me.

Yes you can,but have to social distance and stay outside. You can travel LOTS of miles. Not difficult to understand.

So Raab has now said you can meet other family members in a park,  if you keep two metres apart. However, you cannot meet other family members in their garden, even if you keep 2 metres apart there as well. 

There is absolutely no sense in that. The Government is just making up policy on the hoof.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Yes you can,but have to social distance and stay outside. You can travel LOTS of miles. Not difficult to understand.

Raab has just said you can only  meet family members in a park, not their garden. 

Just now, wowzz said:

Raab has just said you can only  meet family members in a park, not their garden. 

Raab was talking his usual nonsense earlier on Radio 4 Today Programme. He couldn’t answer much directly without changing tack, but he did say you could visit two parents, not just one, provided all three stayed 2 metres apart. He had to be forced into that, though, and it’s probably technically incorrect.

Clowns, the lot of them.  Bring back some experience into government instead of all these toadying young turks with no experience at all, just intent on furthering their own careers.  There isn’t one of them, and I include the PM, with a track record of successful delivery  - apart from winning votes.

Heseltine, Ken Clarke, Thatcher - all experienced, all delivered, whatever your political opinion might be.  But just look at this shambolic bunch of no hopers.

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

So Raab has now said you can meet other family members in a park,  if you keep two metres apart. However, you cannot meet other family members in their garden, even if you keep 2 metres apart there as well. 

There is absolutely no sense in that. The Government is just making up policy on the hoof.

Outdoors. SUCH as a park. The written rules will be available soon. 

38 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Get the quote right! The BBC said the same thing. What Boris actually said was 'don't use public transport "Unless You Have To!"  Not the same advice at all. This is exactly why there is confusion. Chinese Whispers are not helpful 

Avril 

No change there for us. We avoid public transport when we can. All those ordinary people. When they do the 10 quid return from Woking to Weymouth, we suffer it. Looks like that may be a goer in June. Will take our own sarnies if we have to, but Boris may let us have lunch in a restaurant.😁

19 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Raab was talking his usual nonsense earlier on Radio 4 Today Programme. He couldn’t answer much directly without changing tack, but he did say you could visit two parents, not just one, provided all three stayed 2 metres apart. He had to be forced into that, though, and it’s probably technically incorrect.

Clowns, the lot of them.  Bring back some experience into government instead of all these toadying young turks with no experience at all, just intent on furthering their own careers.  There isn’t one of them, and I include the PM, with a track record of successful delivery  - apart from winning votes.

Heseltine, Ken Clarke, Thatcher - all experienced, all delivered, whatever your political opinion might be.  But just look at this shambolic bunch of no hopers.

Are you saying ' bring back Thatcher"?

32 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Problem is if you meet family members in their garden you may all be tempted to go inside if the weather's not too good or it starts to rain.

Can't do that if you meet in a park.

1 minute ago, NoFlyGuy said:

Problem is if you meet family members in their garden you may all be tempted to go inside if the weather's not too good or it starts to rain.

Can't do that if you meet in a park.

Did he say you can't go if it's raining ?. Rule needs changing. Is windy ok.