P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

22 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Off you go - but only from Wednesday!   And only to an open space (like a beach)!   Have fun!  

Public spaces

SAGE advise that the risk of infection outside is significantly lower than inside, so the Government is updating the rules so that, as well as exercise, people can now also spend time outdoors subject to: not meeting up with any more than one person from outside your household; continued compliance with social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from people outside your household; good hand hygiene, particularly with respect to shared surfaces; and those responsible for public places being able to put appropriate measures in place to follow the new COVID-19 Secure guidance.

People may exercise outside as many times each day as they wish. For example, this would include angling and tennis. You will still not be able to use areas like playgrounds, outdoor gyms or ticketed outdoor leisure venues, where there is a higher risk of close contact and touching surfaces. You can only exercise with up to one person from outside your household – this means you should not play team sports, except with members of your own household.

People may drive to outdoor open spaces irrespective of distance, so long as they respect social distancing guidance while they are there, because this does not involve contact with people outside your household.

When travelling to outdoor spaces, it is important that people respect the rules in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and do not travel to different parts of the UK where it would be inconsistent with guidance or regulations issued by the relevant devolved administration.

These measures may come with some risk; it is important that everyone continues to act responsibly, as the large majority have done to date. The infection rate will increase if people begin to break these rules and, for example, mix in groups in parks, which will trigger the need for further restrictions.

Drat.  Need to refuel the car again. At least that's a bit cheaper than it was before lockdown. Need to make some sandwiches Thursday morning and get lashings of Ginger beer. We are ok for sunscreen, still got the stuff we got for the Canaries. Could be a decent summer after all.🦞🦀🐬

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Drat.  Need to refuel the car again. At least that's a bit cheaper than it was before lockdown. Need to make some sandwiches Thursday morning and get lashings of Ginger beer. We are ok for sunscreen, still got the stuff we got for the Canaries. Could be a decent summer after all.🦞🦀🐬

Good luck with the long journey finding somewhere to have a wee... 

No toilets open, you can't pop in a pub or even supermarket any more... 

Andy 

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

There's a shell garage on the A3, if not we will have a few empty ginger beer cans. You can't get no virus from alloominum cans.🦀

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Won't need to refuel our car, it has only done 28 miles since we filled up the day before the lockdown started.  Weekly trips to Tesco 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Mmm, yes

It’s a very fluid situation and I’m sure there are differences in the collection and collation of stats too.

Sad to be in the “must do better” category though.

It's this damn virus it's making fools of us all.😉

Avril 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

You can always find a vacant tree 😆

Avril 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I think this may need updating. China, Germany and South Korea are all reporting a rise in new cases. In fact South Korea have begun closing places down again. 

Avril 

It was last updated on the 4th May 

6 hours ago, batholiver said:

Impossible to avoid politics in the current situation.  It's integrated into every aspect of life at the moment,  including cruising.

Very easy to avoid anything that doesn't interest you personally though.  Just ignore it.

You could try, it's not hard to talk about cruising on a cruise site. But as you say, best to ignore the other stuff. Now that the new lockdown rules are clear we can start the long journey back to good times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Off you go - but only from Wednesday!   And only to an open space (like a beach)!   Have fun! 

Yes, drive 2 hours to the beach, realise everybody else has done the same and it's impossible to abide by social distancing, realise no toilets or cafes are open, turn round and come back, crossing your legs all the way... 

Andy 

• Like 2

Here in North Wales we are still not allowed to travel in our cars for exercise while England are letting people drive where they want.This is very confusing for some people who will think they can come here to the coast and spread the virus after us all staying in for weeks ! The police are saying they won't be able to enforce the lock down over here.

22 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Mmm lovely. Pass the spoon please 😋

Avril 

Never made one and my cooking is iffy at best (according to some in this house) 

they didn’t last long at all. 

it was biscoff flavour. 

Answers to the riddles

1 Sly giggles- Snickers

2 High class thoroughfare - Quality Street

3 Money making royalty - Mint Imperials

4 Mother's local - Mars Bar

5 Clever folk - Smarties

6 Sport for princes - Polo

7 Dairy holder - milk tray

8 Garden flowers -Roses

9 Assorted girls - Dolly Mixture

10 Arrange marriage partners - Matchmakers

11 Edible fasteners - Chocolate Buttons

12 Wobbly infants - Jelly Babies

13 Talk quietly - Whispa

14 Big bus - Double Decker

15 Following the fat lady - after eights

16 Spin around - Twirl

17 Pick up 7 - black jacks 

18 Big cats pub - Lion Bar

19 Noisy insects - Humbugs

20 One who wanders - Drifter

21 Lots of parties - Celebrations

22 Outside meal - Picnic

23 Easily blown - Fuse

24 Cunning slow moving ice - fox’s glacier mints

25 Reward - Bounty

26 Ten cent pub - Dime Bar

27 Punishment for nuts - walnut whip

28 Little Diamonds - Midget Gems

29 Seaside Stone - Blackpool Rock

30 Ten pin bowling - skittles

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

The data I read was on May 9th. Statistics just can't keep up with fast changes caused by covid19. 

Avril 

I was quoting what is on the webpage, things have changed quite a lot in the last week even if looking at a 10 day average which is a very strange number to be using, you would think a 7 day average would be more representative, still what do I know 😲

image.thumb.png.de258c7c1eb6c72b05ecffa9f5c1a30b.png

image.png

Edited by TinyDavid

Morning all, must admit getting a bit grumpy this morning.

Fed up of not seeing my son and grandson. See my mum and dad once a week when I drop their shopping off (from a distance) so not so bad.

Re toilets I have often had to stop at my home on the way back from shopping so I can go before I then go onto my parents house!

I wouldnt drive 2 hours to a beach, we’re about 50 mins away but even  then I’d be worried it would be busy!

I’m thinking of replacing my hubby’s birthday cruise in October with a nice hotel or cottage - is that going to be doable do we think? Would a cottage be ‘safer’ I wonder?

11 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Never made one and my cooking is iffy at best (according to some in this house) 

they didn’t last long at all. 

it was biscoff flavour. 

I'm not surprised they went quickly. We're all perfecting our skills now as well as learning new ones. When I was first married I thought I'd make a rice pudding. I mean, how hard can it be, right? I'd seen mum make them loads of times. A pint of milk, packet of pudding rice and sugar. All in dish,  knob of butter and  a sprinkle of nutmeg on top and in the oven. Easy. What came out was a solid lump of rice. Frank, the nice man that he is, just said " It'll be ok love, just cut it into slices and spread the jam on it. We had a good laugh and the birds had good feast. 😂

Avril 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, must admit getting a bit grumpy this morning.

Fed up of not seeing my son and grandson. See my mum and dad once a week when I drop their shopping off (from a distance) so not so bad.

Re toilets I have often had to stop at my home on the way back from shopping so I can go before I then go onto my parents house!

I wouldnt drive 2 hours to a beach, we’re about 50 mins away but even  then I’d be worried it would be busy!

I’m thinking of replacing my hubby’s birthday cruise in October with a nice hotel or cottage - is that going to be doable do we think? Would a cottage be ‘safer’ I wonder?

I think there may be some hospitality open by October. Personally I’d go for the cottage on the basis that you can disinfectant  it when you arrive and avoid other people. Covid won’t be completely gone by October but we all need something to look forward to.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hols4 said:

Here in North Wales we are still not allowed to travel in our cars for exercise while England are letting people drive where they want.This is very confusing for some people who will think they can come here to the coast and spread the virus after us all staying in for weeks ! The police are saying they won't be able to enforce the lock down over here.

Do you really think people will be confused?

It’s perfectly clear surely that 3 out of the 4 U.K. nations are still on full lockdown and that the rules in England are slightly different. I would think most people could grasp that very easily.

• Like 2

Just now, Eglesbrech said:

Do you really think people will be confused?

It’s perfectly clear surely that 3 out of the 4 U.K. nations are still on full lockdown and that the rules in England are slightly different. I would think most people could grasp that very easily.

It seemed clear to me, don't drive to Scotland or Wales for your day out, unless you want plod to fine you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1