P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Happy anniversary have a fabulous day.  I hope you get to celebrate somewhere nice.

Thank you. 
we went out for a meal yesterday, as this afternoon I’ve been out for tea with a couple friends. This was postponed from March when I was 60.

The tea was delicious. ( that’s one of my friends hiding behind the cake stand) 

13A6A91E-62DD-430C-BED5-661F571AB76D.jpeg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Thank you. 
we went out for a meal yesterday, as this afternoon I’ve been out for tea with a couple friends. This was postponed from March when I was 60.

Ooh that looks delicious!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Thank you. 

Tasty looking Afternoon Tea.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Thank you. 

Did you're hubby get his doggie bag? 😊

Avril 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Did you're hubby get his doggie bag? 😊

Avril 

We couldn’t manage the brownies onthe top plate, so I brought them home and my husband has just scoffed them! 

2 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

That looks lovely. Why don't my scones come out like that?😪

I ask myself the same question. My scones tend to be ... er.... heavy! 

22 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Ooh that looks delicious!

we went to Nutmegs in Rainham High Street, so it’s probably somewhere that is nearby for you 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

we went to Nutmegs in Rainham High Street, so it’s probably somewhere that is nearby for you 

Oh yes, I haven't been there but I know where it is. I don't often go to Rainham these days unless I'm going to the train station, we used to go more often when our bank had a branch there.

I went to Dobbies yesterday for coffee and cake, the first time since March, it was quite busy but the tables were well spaced, and it was nice enough to sit outside.

I may well go back with my daughters this week for tea and scones. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Thank you. 

She is not hiding behind the cake stand, she is planning her attack... 😊

Andy 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Thank you. 

Glad you had a good time ,did you know those cake stands are zero in calories.

I find it's what's on them that causes the problems for me :classic_wink: :classic_biggrin:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Thanks, Andy. After a slightly difficult day, you've made me laugh.🤣

Sorry to hear you have had a difficult day Annie:classic_sad:

I took up a new hobby today ..

I’m reading a horror novel in Braille.

Something bad is about to happen.
I can feel it. :classic_ohmy:

Hope your day gets better Annie :classic_smile:

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Nice one, Andy - puts me in mind of afternoon teas onboard.  Everyone behaving very nicely, playing fair with the cakes - but there's always somebody........

Hmm. Like the couple who were already seated at the table when we were directed there by the waiter. They'd already taken the chocolate éclair and fresh cream meringue.

Avril 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Oh yes, I haven't been there but I know where it is. I don't often go to Rainham these days unless I'm going to the train station, we used to go more often when our bank had a branch there.

I went to Dobbies yesterday for coffee and cake, the first time since March, it was quite busy but the tables were well spaced, and it was nice enough to sit outside.

I may well go back with my daughters this week for tea and scones. 

I think Dobbies has got a  busier as more and more people emerge from their lockdowns, but it’s still a comfortable experience

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Hmm. Like the couple who were already seated at the table when we were directed there by the waiter. They'd already taken the chocolate éclair and fresh cream meringue.

Avril 

So we have met before... 

Can't resist an éclair...😊

Andy 

• Haha 2

I think Dobbies has got a  busier as more and more people emerge from their lockdowns, but it’s still a comfortable experience

It was very well organised, I’d feel happier about going a second time, plus I always like a good browse there, they had some nice handbags.
I recognise one of the ladies sitting at the other table in your photo [emoji4] looks like a former colleague.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1