P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I agree with you. I've only been posting since February, but I've noticed names disappearing. It's a little worrying given the situation at the moment.

Avril

Avril, perhaps ( hopefully ) it is just that  life has thrown somethings in the way.  I have just found time to come back after several days of helping my niece who has recently  been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer and in between I have been spending time checking the situation of the wild fires in Washington State where another niece lives, I finally managed to speak to her this afternoon, the fires are about 100 miles from her house at the moment but her husband is a fire paramedic so is heavily involved and so she is alone with 3 small children at the moment, they are staying indoors because the air quality is so bad.  If the fires get any nearer she is planning to take the children to Tennessee to stay with my brother in law.

I also noticed last week that DaiB had not posted for a while.  I hope that everyone who has not been posting is fine.

As my American niece said today it is strange time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Avril, perhaps ( hopefully ) it is just that  life has thrown somethings in the way.  I have just found time to come back after several days of helping my niece who has recently  been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer and in between I have been spending time checking the situation of the wild fires in Washington State where another niece lives, I finally managed to speak to her this afternoon, the fires are about 100 miles from her house at the moment but her husband is a fire paramedic so is heavily involved and so she is alone with 3 small children at the moment, they are staying indoors because the air quality is so bad.  If the fires get any nearer she is planning to take the children to Tennessee to stay with my brother in law.

I also noticed last week that DaiB had not posted for a while.  I hope that everyone who has not been posting is fine.

Sorry to hear about your niece I pray they can get her in remission.

It is also worrying for your other niece too with those wildfires.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

It's still the mentality of thinking that the population will abide by the rules......it dosnt always work and will continue to cause issues sadly. Granted the vast majority of us will do what is correct but many wont

The only people that will, and have been, abiding by the rules, are mostly those who would be badly affected if they contracted covid. 

Avril

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Is that the niece you babysit for Josy? I hope things get better soon.

3 minutes ago, happy v said:

Is that the niece you babysit for Josy? I hope things get better soon.

Yes it is, we have now been promoted first on the emergency call lists at their schools because my niece is starting her treatment next week and since her father is terminally ill my sister cannot always just drop everything if one of the children need to be collected from school.  I will be truly glad to see the back of 2020, we have always thought that we were blessed to have a good and often problem free life but this year has been a real kick into the real world.

The children are looking forward to next summer now because we have booked a cruise on Princess and taking them with us.  They both loved the cruises when we took them on Azura.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Ah, now I understand. It's because you reply twice to each post🤣🤣

I think it may be because it's become a very busy enclave of (mainly) the retired (albeit we're all very young and early retired😉)and we've all got unexpected time on our hands - the number of posts to catch up on must be very daunting if you've been at work all day, have to come home and cook dinner etc?

Ooops, What on earth happened there?🤔, I only posted it once. I must have laptop gremlins😈

Avril

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Yes it is, we have now been promoted first on the emergency call lists at their schools because my niece is starting her treatment next week and since her father is terminally ill my sister cannot always just drop everything if one of the children need to be collected from school.  I will be truly glad to see the back of 2020, we have always thought that we were blessed to have a good and often problem free life but this year has been a real kick into the real world.

The children are looking forward to next summer now because we have booked a cruise on Princess and taking them with us.  They both loved the cruises when we took them on Azura.

Wow that's heavy I hope things start to look up soon.

33 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Avril, perhaps ( hopefully ) it is just that  life has thrown somethings in the way.  I have just found time to come back after several days of helping my niece who has recently  been diagnosed with an aggressi seeiDaive form of cancer and in between I have been spending time checking the situation of the wild fires in Washington State where another niece lives, I finally managed to speak to her this afternoon, the fires are about 100 miles from her house at the moment but her husband is a fire paramedic so is heavily involved and so she is alone with 3 small children at the moment, they are staying indoors because the air quality is so bad.  If the fires get any nearer she is planning to take the children to Tennessee to stay with my brother in law.

They are strange times Josy. We are all in an unusual situation at the moment, but we cope the best way we know how. We're very resilient creatures. I hope your relatives in America stay safe and well. I'm sorry to hear about your niece, and I understand how you must feel, as I was in the same situation recently.  Posting on here helped me through a lot. 

I've missed  seeing DaiB's flag, he's a real P&O champion.  

Avril

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

That's the best thing you can do, look forward. The children have the right idea.

Avril

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

They are strange times Josy. We are all in an unusual situation at the moment, but we cope the best way we know how. We're very resilient creatures. I hope your relatives in America stay safe and well. I'm sorry to hear about your niece, and I understand how you must feel, as I was in the same situation recently.  Posting on here helped me through a lot. 

Avril

Posting with other helpful and friendly posters helps a lot.

I hope things are a lot better for you now Avril.

• Like 3

Just now, grapau27 said:

Posting with other helpful and friendly posters helps a lot.

I hope things are a lot better for you now Avril.

Much better than they were Graham thank you. I still have my moments, but then I come on here and chat to you lot😁. It helps. Seriously though Graham, if I hadn't been on here when things fell apart I dread to think how I would be now. Anyway, that's enough of that Avril.

Avril

• Like 5

4 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Damn! I draw the line at watching any of our current government (apart from Raab, who has a certain je ne sais quoi). 

Don't worry, I've summoned the nurse myself.🤣

Back to Sky News.

Raab, yes. I agree with you there. He definitely has a certain charm.😊

Avril

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I just loved it last night when the president of the US said that his Chief of Medical Science (CDC) had misunderstood the question when he was under oath in front of Congress!  The Head of the CDC said quite clearly that the vaccine would not be available to the general public until end of first quarter at the earliest.  He also said that wearing a mask would be safer than the vaccine.  Sir Trumpington said he must have misunderstood the question or just got it wrong.  The vaccine would be available in October!!

I was falling about.  the sad thing is his followers will believe him.

I loved his remark a couple of days ago  when he should have said 'herd immunity' and instead he said 'herd mentality'  which is probably the reason his followers believe him🤣

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Discussed at length on the cruise cancellation thread.

Oh sorry for posting on here, I don’t have the time nor inclination to review every thread due to working and your curt response is not welcomed, but ok I’ll not post news again about P&O which I thought might be interesting to those that don’t have the time to read like me, all the threads on cc. 

Edited by peteukmcr
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I've had the pleasure to cruise with him before, and he is as nice and friendly in real life too.  Hoping everything is okay with him. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Much better than they were Graham thank you. I still have my moments, but then I come on here and chat to you lot😁. It helps. Seriously though Graham, if I hadn't been on here when things fell apart I dread to think how I would be now. Anyway, that's enough of that Avril.

Avril

I'm delighted that things are a lot better for you and you have certainly helped everyone else too.

Graham.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I just loved it last night when the president of the US said that his Chief of Medical Science (CDC) had misunderstood the question when he was under oath in front of Congress!  The Head of the CDC said quite clearly that the vaccine would not be available to the general public until end of first quarter at the earliest.  He also said that wearing a mask would be safer than the vaccine.  Sir Trumpington said he must have misunderstood the question or just got it wrong.  The vaccine would be available in October!!

I was falling about.  the sad thing is his followers will believe him.

I wonder if Trump is thinking of asking his friend Putin to sell him some of the Russian vaccine?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Oh sorry for posting on here, I don’t have the time nor inclination to review every thread due to working and your curt response is not welcomed, but ok I’ll not post news again about P&O which I thought might be interesting to those that don’t have the time to read like me, all the threads on cc. 

Please continue to post any P&O news you hear.

I read all the posts plus I got an email at 10.20am yesterday morning from P&O telling me our February 20th Iona cruise was cancelled but I still appreciate you took the time to let others know.

Thank you Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

I don't know how we'd manage without Netflix either. We only watch 2 or 3 hours a night, and without Netflix we'd be reduced to just shouting at the couples  on "Place in the Sun" with their small budgets and stupid aspirations.

I have 'Place in the Sun' on series record but pick and choose the ones I watch.  I decided to watch Tuesday's because it was South West France, an area where my son had just made an offer for a property.  Well blow me down if they didn't first show the small village and then the actual property; filmed a year ago!  Considering the size of France and the number of Brits who own there, we were also amazed to hear that the current owners live only a few miles from us here in West Lancs!  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

We're all posting different topics on varying threads at the moment, wowzz has been guilty of it too. He must having been having a bad day. Maybe he needs a wheelie bin or two to clean😁 He's  alresdy had his hand smacked for it😉

Avril

• Like 3