P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, gadabout60 said:

Was this not longer than 3 hours so no guarantee with Intercruises either.

Very unfortunate situation though as someone else commented fortunately rare (though no consolation if you are affected)

I think the main difference is my invoice states coach travel to and from the ship is included. Passengers on Eavesway will have received extra OBC and P &O have no idea how they are traveling.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, happy v said:

I think the main difference is my invoice states coach travel to and from the ship is included. Passengers on Eavesway will have received extra OBC and P &O have no idea how they are traveling.

Understand this but either way the ship has sailed! Even if P&O can fly you to Norway quickly you still lose a few days of your cruise

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gadabout60 said:

Understand this but either way the ship has sailed! Even if P&O can fly you to Norway quickly you still lose a few days of your cruise

Possibly, possibly not. The cost of leaving Eavesway, zero. Cost of leaving us. Flights and hotel accomodations weighed against extra port charges.

Loosing a few days better than the lot

Edited by happy v
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, gadabout60 said:

I get that and fine if it’s a longer cruise but if it’s only a week it’s difficult

Agreed. However all hypothetical. It isn't going to happen again for years 😉😀

I'm an advocate for getting there a day earlier.But we once flew on a Princess arranged flight 27 hrs to Auckland changing in Hong Kong and landing on schedule 6 hrs before sailaway.A calculated risk for them though as the next port was only 200 miles down the road.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

A dry day here. 

I was not well last night with a migraine and slight chest pains.  I called 111 who said that a doctor would call me back, a very nice lady doctor called back at 2:10 am by which time I had gone to sleep and the chest pain had gone so she suggested seeing my GP this morning. 

I had an appointment already arranged with the optician at 9am so had to arrange my GP appointment for 11am.  I now know that although my prescription has not changed I have signs of a cataract in my right eye but it doesn't need treatment at the moment but I did decide to order new glasses, as I do ever year, but they aren't likely to be ready before we go on holiday.  I then went to the surgery and saw the senior nurse practitioner who suspects an angina attack so I now have an appointment for an ECG followed by an appointment with the GP 25 minutes later to review my medication because although I had the same medication it was a different brand and for some people the brand can make a difference because of ingredients that are used in addition to the drug to build the actual tablets.

I have had to call our travel insurance and pay a small amount to cover my "undiagnosed condition".  I really do badly need our planned cruise for my birthday.

I hope everyone else is having a better day.

Sorry to read this. I hope everything gets sorted and you enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I'm an advocate for getting there a day earlier.But we once flew on a Princess arranged flight 27 hrs to Auckland changing in Hong Kong and landing on schedule 6 hrs before sailaway.A calculated risk for them though as the next port was only 200 miles down the road.

I'm normally cautious and fly in/drive down the day before, but I'm considering flying into Barcelona on the day of a Celebrity cruise next year. Much to my surprise, there are not daily flights into Barcelona from Manchester in November (based on this year's timetable), but there is an already available Jet2 flight which fits the bill, including the return flight on disembarkation day. The next port of call after Barcelona is Alicante and so we've decided it's worth the risk, as I'm sure we could get ourselves there if need be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I'm normally cautious and fly in/drive down the day before, but I'm considering flying into Barcelona on the day of a Celebrity cruise next year. Much to my surprise, there are not daily flights into Barcelona from Manchester in November (based on this year's timetable), but there is an already available Jet2 flight which fits the bill, including the return flight on disembarkation day. The next port of call after Barcelona is Alicante and so we've decided it's worth the risk, as I'm sure we could get ourselves there if need be.

Some flights go to Girona about 102km away from Barcelona.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone, it seems quite in our house this morning as our dogs have gone to the dog sitters, hubby has gone out for a walk by himself this morning.

Josy, just read about your eventful day yesterday, fingers crossed all is well and that you get on your cruise.

Final bits of packing today for me then to get my eyelashes done and take my mum out for coffee and final bit of shopping. 

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 12

On Aurora in Andalsnes today. We waited for the last Intercruises coach as they are contracted to P&O. Unfortunately, Eavesway are not, so we left without them. Doubt Eavesway will compensate their passengers so poor people will probably have to claim on insurance. 

• Like 12

Good Morning!

We have sunshine, we have blue skies, we had pretty birds on the garden feeder, we have "Christmas" Roses in bloom, we have fresh coffee and marmalade on toast for breakfast.

Our blood sugars are perfect, our blood pressures would be the envy of 30 year olds and we're both hale, hearty and raring to make the most of the day.

So decided to keep it that way and read this thread... rather than flick through the freebie on-line "Daily Dreads!" 

Later this evening... a touch of "mine dining" with "Oh!Yes! cuisine." 

IMG_2805.thumb.jpeg.ce8823cf68b0642a3f1fda47fd0905e3.jpeg 

A dietitian told us that the perfect plate is an "Eatwell plate" and we should look at it and see  vegies, ⅓ protein and  carbs... so the pea shoots are essential camouflage... aren't they!

Hope all are well.

Edited by twotravellersLondon
  • Like 19

31 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Good morning everyone, it seems quite in our house this morning as our dogs have gone to the dog sitters, hubby has gone out for a walk by himself this morning.

Josy, just read about your eventful day yesterday, fingers crossed all is well and that you get on your cruise.

Final bits of packing today for me then to get my eyelashes done and take my mum out for coffee and final bit of shopping. 

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

Good Morning Michelle

Isn't the day before a cruise so exciting? I used to love getting hair and nails done then not being able to sleep the night before in case I'd forgotten something.

I hope you have a fabulous cruise Michelle. Enjoy every minute. Jane xx

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Michelle

Isn't the day before a cruise so exciting? I used to love getting hair and nails done then not being able to sleep the night before in case I'd forgotten something.

I hope you have a fabulous cruise Michelle. Enjoy every minute. Jane xx

I agree with you there Jane, fingers & toes done yesterday, eyelashes today. It’s an expensive few days before a cruise!!

Michelle

• Like 8

Morning hope everyone's ok ,just done a quick catch up on posts and am

glad to read Josy got sorted for a fee with her insurance,many would say 

"yer not going " but all's needed is for the tests to come back ok 🙂

Did not post much yesterday as had a bit of an off day . Got up in the morning

and the room was spinning but back to normal if there is such a thing for me.

The food photos all look lovely ,didn't eat much yesterday so I could eat the

lot for breakfast .

Hope you all have a good day 🙂

• Like 14

43 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

I hope you have a great cruise.

As you know we were supposed to be on this one too, and I was looking forward to meeting up for a promised drink, but we cancelled as Mum decided that the flight would be too much for her.

We are on the following cruise instead, so please leave her nice and tidy🤣

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning hope everyone's ok ,just done a quick catch up on posts and am

glad to read Josy got sorted for a fee with her insurance,many would say 

"yer not going " but all's needed is for the tests to come back ok 🙂

Did not post much yesterday as had a bit of an off day . Got up in the morning

and the room was spinning but back to normal if there is such a thing for me.

The food photos all look lovely ,didn't eat much yesterday so I could eat the

lot for breakfast .

Hope you all have a good day 🙂

Sorry to hear you weren't well yesterday, and glad you feel better today.

Take care and take it easy.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I agree with you there Jane, fingers & toes done yesterday, eyelashes today. It’s an expensive few days before a cruise!!

Michelle

I often wonder why we ladies include hairdresser, manicure, eyelashes and eyebrows on our precruise checklist but men just have hairdresser on their non-existent list 🤔

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

9°C and clear at the moment.

Quiet here this morning so I hope everyone is ok.

We decided to go out last night for dinner.

I hope everyone has a great day.

IMG_20240314_184438.jpg

IMG_20240314_184447.jpg

Looks delicious.

We are out for our weekly lunch today.  DH will be having his usual fish & chips but I like to decide when I see the menu even though it hasn't changed for years so I know what is on it 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1