P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning all, sorry I haven’t posted for a while, lots of admin and stuff going on with Mum as well as visiting her.

It was our 37th wedding anniversary last Thursday and we went to Center Parcs Woburn from Friday to yesterday. Postponed from last year. We managed to dodge most of the rain, Saturday we actually had some sun. Sunday afternoon and yesterday it hammered down for the journey home. We did badminton, 10 pin bowling, table tennis and time in the Spa. 

We stayed in the hotel and the first photo is our balcony!

IMG_1781.jpeg

IMG_1819.jpeg

IMG_1820.jpeg

IMG_1806.jpeg

• Like 13

19 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, sorry I haven’t posted for a while, lots of admin and stuff going on with Mum as well as visiting her.

It was our 37th wedding anniversary last Thursday and we went to Center Parcs Woburn from Friday to yesterday. Postponed from last year. We managed to dodge most of the rain, Saturday we actually had some sun. Sunday afternoon and yesterday it hammered down for the journey home. We did badminton, 10 pin bowling, table tennis and time in the Spa. 

IMG_1781.jpeg

IMG_1819.jpeg

IMG_1820.jpeg

IMG_1806.jpeg

Looks lovely Sue, I'm glad you had a good time away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

IMG_1781.jpeg

IMG_1819.jpeg

IMG_1820.jpeg

IMG_1806.jpeg

Happy belated 37th wedding anniversary Sue.

Looks like you had a nice time.

IMG_20240924_102319.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I did the school run this morning but because there was a problem on the A50 everybody was using the back roads that we usually use so although we left home in plenty of time to get to school we ended up late so madam got out of the car and ran the last 100 or so yards but was still more than 10 minutes late.  She has just texted to let me know that she has been given a detention for being late. 

There were a lot of cars behind us so I imagine that there are a lot of parents and carers getting a similar text.

I hope that the school haven't texted parents because her dad won't know about about the traffic problems will be assuming that it is her fault.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Anyone else having problems with this site the past 48 hours?  I keep getting it crashing or unavailable.

I had  'unavailble, try again later' a couple of days ago, but fine since then🤞

Avril

• Like 4

Good afternoon.

Arrived to sun and temps of 27cHad a good although wet journey up, A30,A5, A4, A25 and M23. Assistance at airport was a complete shambles checking in after security. Flight was all boarded  20 mins early, but not allowed to leave more than five minutes before allotted time. In the end we ended up sitting in on the stand for forty minutes before we were pushed back and took off 6.25am, 20 minutes late. Had a good flight and landed on time. Took some photos oc the sun rising above the clouds and one where the clouds look as though they are rising from the sea.

20240924_063634.jpg

20240924_063651.jpg

20240924_080602.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Anyone else having problems with this site the past 48 hours?  I keep getting it crashing or unavailable.

I couldn't get on yesterday but being on the way to Lanzarote from A coruna without any Internet may have something to do with it. Had a happy  breakfast today.🤣

20240924_094943.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I had  'unavailble, try again later' a couple of days ago, but fine since then🤞

Avril

I have had a few similar issues, sudden freezing with an occasional message that this site is not responding try later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Good afternoon.

Arrived to sun and temps of 27cHad a good although wet journey up, A30,A5, A4, A25 and M23. Assistance at airport was a complete shambles checking in after security. Flight was all boarded  20 mins early, but not allowed to leave more than five minutes before allotted time. In the end we ended up sitting in on the stand for forty minutes before we were pushed back and took off 6.25am, 20 minutes late. Had a good flight and landed on time. Took some photos oc the sun rising above the clouds and one where the clouds look as though they are rising from the sea.

20240924_063634.jpg

20240924_063651.jpg

20240924_080602.jpg

Where are you now?

I went to pick up my niece from school, she said that she was given detention for being late this morning but after a few minutes she was excused.  The teacher who was supervising told her to leave because she is not supposed to have detention because of her family situation ( mum passed away).  She said she would have preferred to do the detention than be embarrassed because people who didn't know her would be curious about her family.