P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I agree with you wowzz. Singapore has a more modern commercial blingy feel, even though they have tried to 'preserve' some 'authentic' areas. In  KL on the other hand, though also modern, still has the genuine old areas which are fascinating to explore. Bearing in mind that the last time we were there was 15 years ago😉

Avril

Hi sis,our cruise never stopped at KL.Penang was good but Malacca was a bit of a dump.So many places to see.I still think cruising is the best way to take in places in a condensed form but still memorable,bro.PS I agree that the commerce areas have swamped the old areas a bit in Singapore.

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Out of interest, did you get a record /little card of batch number etc. A friend of a friend was told they were not giving them out this year which seems odd.

I have just booked my booster online (a few days before eligible date) for two weeks time.

Hope you enjoyed your Prosecco. 

Yes, I got a card with my name, type of vaccine and batch number written on it, the same a before.

The Procecco went down a treat😊

• Like 2

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

It's another nice sunny and mild day down here and considering it's November it's a warm13oC.

Have just returned from doing a Tesco shop and it was too warm in the car with my jacket on.

Meeting up with some friends this evening for the firework display out on the North Quay, so should be a nice evening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Out of interest, did you get a record /little card of batch number etc. A friend of a friend was told they were not giving them out this year which seems odd.

I have just booked my booster online (a few days before eligible date) for two weeks time.

Hi Gill. Take your original card and you should get a sticker placed on the reverse side of the previous details - well that's what we're doing anyway. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

If we had to choose anywhere in the world to live, Perth would  be near the top of  the list, but I would still want to break the journey back to the UK.

Totally agree, always break the journey if you possibly can, we have also flown J A L with stops in Japan which we enjoyed.

My main point was that Australia is so far away its nice to see has much has you can when you are there.

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

If we had to choose anywhere in the world to live, Perth would  be near the top of  the list, but I would still want to break the journey back to the UK.

Totally agree, always break the journey if you possibly can, we have also flown J A L with stops in Japan which we enjoyed.

My main point was that Australia is so far away its nice to see has much has you can when you are there.

sorry duplicate post

Edited by Bloodaxe
Duplicate post

34 minutes ago, brian1 said:

For those that haven't heard,you can book your booster now if double jabbed after 5 months.We've got ours next Friday.This starts from tomorrow.

Thanks for that - just checked and been able to book ours too!

• Like 1

just checked and can book but should I? I am due a booster jab on the 12th but not yet had any contact from the NHS or my surgery. The surgery is doing boosters as friends had theirs done on Monday but the earliest appointment via the web is Boots pharmacy on the 30th November. Confused I am.

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

just checked and can book but should I? I am due a booster jab on the 12th but not yet had any contact from the NHS or my surgery. The surgery is doing boosters as friends had theirs done on Monday but the earliest appointment via the web is Boots pharmacy on the 30th November. Confused I am.

OH and I had our 2nd jabs on 29th April and got a text from our surgery on Tuesday last week inviting us to book our boosters, the link they sent was to have it at Parkwood Health Centre but everytime we tried it said no appointments available. Then on Thursday we had texts from NHS with a different link which offered various chemists and centres in Medway and Maidstone. The closest ones were Sturdee Avenue and Canterbury Street but we have booked to go to Fremlin Walk in Maidstone next week.

Maybe you'll get your text next week, if not perhaps ask your surgery when to expect it?

I hope you don't have to wait too long.

7 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Join the club. We should have had our boosters November 1st. We were contacted on the 5th and the earliest date available to book was 12th.  First it was vital to have the boosters at 6 months, then it was ok for an extra 2 weeks, now they can be done at 5 months. Confused I am too🙃

Avril

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

It really didn't sound at all like you, Emma - I just assumed one of your Dachshunds took control of the keyboard!  🙂 

If only. Wine banned

21 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

OH and I had our 2nd jabs on 29th April and got a text from our surgery on Tuesday last week inviting us to book our boosters, the link they sent was to have it at Parkwood Health Centre but everytime we tried it said no appointments available. Then on Thursday we had texts from NHS with a different link which offered various chemists and centres in Medway and Maidstone. The closest ones were Sturdee Avenue and Canterbury Street but we have booked to go to Fremlin Walk in Maidstone next week.

Maybe you'll get your text next week, if not perhaps ask your surgery when to expect it?

I hope you don't have to wait too long.

Boots in the Pentagon Centre Chatham is easier to get to than my surgery at Woodlands Road, just stay on the bus until Chatham and save the walk down the hill and up again. I can go shopping as well. I think i will book as a placeholder?

edit - booked it but the date has advanced a day already. Glad I read this forum because  I think tomorrow is going to be chaos and the NHS booking site maybe won't cope with the rush

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hi Gill. Take your original card and you should get a sticker placed on the reverse side of the previous details - well that's what we're doing anyway. Best wishes. Jane.x 

Jane sorry wine took charge for a little while. I am sure you will get through to your retirement just fine but if you need a chat with a random someone who has been there done that in your field DM me anytime.

Graham I wish I could chat every day to Pauline we seem to share the same views. Plus just today a bargain arrived from ebay. A beautiful beaded gown never worn tags attached. OK we are talking bought in the 70s it was the sellers Mothers but exquisite. Pauline would be right with me I think in appreciating it. 

Em.

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

We have been giving the little cards out this morning at our hub.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Hi sis,our cruise never stopped at KL.Penang was good but Malacca was a bit of a dump.So many places to see.I still think cruising is the best way to take in places in a condensed form but still memorable,bro.PS I agree that the commerce areas have swamped the old areas a bit in Singapore.

I think it would be a tad difficult to get a cruise ship to KL bro. We've done a few  2 or 3 days  stayovers en route to other Malaysian areas. I think it depends on where you went in Malacca, we explored further in and the old temples and rows of dwellings were interesting, but then again it was quite a few years ago. Love, love, love Penang, the first place we went to in the far east and it got us completely hooked. We went a few times over the years and explored quite a lot of it, and believe me there is a lot to explore. It's definitely worth a 2 - 3 week stay with a short stayover in KL either before or after Penang.

Sis

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for stopover suggestions. The cruise stops at Singapore but only for 1 day. It also stops in Dubai. 

I have spent a week in Perth before and love it. I’ve also got a friend who lives in Bunbury 

We are likely to extend the cruise to visit Melbourne which I love and Adelaide which is new to me. 

Plenty  of possibilities but nearly 2 years to work it out!

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Boots in the Pentagon Centre Chatham is easier to get to than my surgery at Woodlands Road, just stay on the bus until Chatham and save the walk down the hill and up again. I can go shopping as well. I think i will book as a placeholder?

edit - booked it but the date has advanced a day already. Glad I read this forum because  I think tomorrow is going to be chaos and the NHS booking site maybe won't cope with the rush

I  had my text from the NHS on 28th October telling me that I could book my booster appointment, but I waited for my husband to become eligible so that we could both go together. He got his text on Thursday, so we were on our phones simultaneously and managed to book consecutive appointments at Boots in Chatham for 19th November.

Then, the very next day, we both got texts from our GP  offering appointments at Parkwood Health Centre, which is in walking distance. I did check what was available, and the earliest date was 18th November, so we decided to stick with what we've already booked.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I  had my text from the NHS on 28th October telling me that I could book my booster appointment, but I waited for my husband to become eligible so that we could both go together. He got his text on Thursday, so we were on our phones simultaneously and managed to book consecutive appointments at Boots in Chatham for 19th November.

Then, the very next day, we both got texts from our GP  offering appointments at Parkwood Health Centre, which is in walking distance. I did check what was available, and the earliest date was 18th November, so we decided to stick with what we've already booked.

I couldn’t make up my mind whether to book online today or wait for GP (I am eligible from Tuesday). I decided to book online as thought it would be just my luck that the next vaccination day with GP would be when I couldn’t attend or weeks in advance.

I’m just delighted and grateful to have an appointment in 2 weeks time and to then feel safer again in readiness for the winter months.

• Like 1