P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Ignore it Avril.   You know who your friends are.  I and I am sure everyone who has been part of this forum for any length of time has no issue with you or any of your posts which are always well balanced.

I agree, Avril is a good guy. What is frustrating is the fact that the posts are now deleted, so I haven't got a clue what you are all going on about. Late to the party, as usual.🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,our local bar owner in Italy Salvatore is a good friend of ours and married to a Ukrainian.He posted the flag on faceache yesterday.My OH  was just about to post a message of support when I realised our next door neighbours,also friends of ours are Russian.He is a retired Soviet special forces Colonel and seen action in Afghanistan and Angola.A nice bloke though.But we keep contact with him and his family in Moscow via faceache and will try and keep neutral with him.

It's being reported that there are many protests in Russia against the invasion of Ukraine, so not all are in agreement. Your neighbour could be one of those.

Sis

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I agree, Avril is a good guy. What is frustrating is the fact that the posts are now deleted, so I haven't got a clue what you are all going on about. Late to the party, as usual.🤣

Same here Zapp .The sad thing is this thread is showing Hot  but for all the wrong reasons .

It/they wanted a reaction ,which they feed off and they got one .

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Only 'normally' Pete.😉🤣

Avril

If you think I am wading through all 32154 posts on this thread to find a ‘rogue’ post from you, you are very much mistaken. 😁🤣. Had there been a rogue post, it would have absolutely correctly been removed anyway (more likely removed because of responding to certain posters who prompted removal of replies to their own roguery though). 🥴

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's being reported that there are many protests in Russia against the invasion of Ukraine, so not all are in agreement. Your neighbour could be one of those.

Sis

I don't think so sis,he loves Putin but I don't get involved in politics with him.We've had a few dinner parties in his garden as he appreciates that I organise the communal electric and grass cutting.He sent over 1500 quid into our UK bank last year.Bit worried now it may not be so easy.Cheers,bro.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I haven't a clue either Zap. I'm thick skinned and not easily offended, I've been insulted by better. It's like water off a duck's back, so I'm interested as to what was said. Like you, late to the party and my friends and the mods did their job👍

Many thanks x

Avril

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Same here Zapp .The sad thing is this thread is showing Hot  but for all the wrong reasons .

It/they wanted a reaction ,which they feed off and they got one .

If nobody clicks the quote button.🙊🙉🙈

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Might I suggest that if they were sitting out on a balcony in Forest Gate, they are either barking on in Delaware?

Now you mention it.Don't know any flats in the East end now with a real fire.And knowing the area like I do,not many houses with balconies,possibly the bigger ones opposite Wanstead flats.That's my Sherlock Holmes bit for the day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I saw this too.

This individual has been posting on RCL threads but never quoted me yet on there.

I missed yesterday as I had a really busy day in Middlesbrough calling on my customers convenience stores.

On Wednesday being 65 I was invited for a Aorta Abdominal Anuerism scan which thankfully showed no aneurism.

It is currently 7°C and sunny while I sit outside Pauline's hairdresser's waiting for her to come out.

Prayers 🙏 for the good people of Ukraine.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

She quoted you on here Graham.In fact she called you a handsome and dashing devil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I don't think so sis,he loves Putin but I don't get involved in politics with him.We've had a few dinner parties in his garden as he appreciates that I organise the communal electric and grass cutting.He sent over 1500 quid into our UK bank last year.Bit worried now it may not be so easy.Cheers,bro.

Special Branch will be having a chat with you later. 😲😇

• Haha 3

Just now, Son of Anarchy said:

Special Branch will be having a chat with you later. 😲😇

I haven't mentioned that the local Mafia boss comes round with his lawyer for dinner parties.I do like the voddie shots with him though.

• Like 3

We decided that we would go out to lunch today to celebrate that this is the first Friday for over a year that I have been home for lunch on a Friday.  We went to near enough to home to walk and really enjoyed the walking and the food.  I had forgotten how many "oldies" go out for lunch on Friday.  Is this Stokie thing or do the rest of you find lots of older people out for lunch on Fridays ?

To add to the excitement of the day I am going to have my glasses adjusted later so that they don't keep falling my face.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 6

It’s turned out quite a nice day, though still that piercing cold wind.  We did lots of prep work, so are all set for next week.  Considered lunching out but decided to give it a miss as we have Italian delivered on a Friday, courtesy of a Xmas present subscription and a firm called Nonna Tonda, who I may have mentioned before?  If not, I recommend them.  Have a look at their website for details.

I do hope our mods are able to resolve matters here.  Just like real life, one wrong ‘un can have a disproportionate affect on the many.

Have a lovely rest of the afternoon.  Here’s some of our sunshine for you to borrow

D5870C71-EBB9-4E77-A1DA-B0B5053FB854.thumb.jpeg.f3d9274823b01d5814dad05a0b84535d.jpeg

• Like 9

Am I too late to join this party?!  I have taken a break from here during the pandemic - partly because I had to continue to work and partly because I really miss the excitement and cruise posts / questions.  I have not caught up on all pages - I'd be here forever!!

• Like 10

This oldie would lunch out on any day and had planned to do so today but sadly the non award winning charity where I went to a meeting had of all things provided sandwiches as the agenda was very long. Hope you enjoyed your lunch out Josey I'm feeling robbed so may have to get a pan on the hob tonight.