P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Purdey hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and your back home quick for your soup. 

Eddie it is definitely a requirement to post a picture asap. Love puppy pics

the girls were ok. They were quiet going in. It was so different to before not taking them to class just leaving them at the gate. Georgia is on half day’s for a week and she ran up to me with the biggest hug at lunch. She doesn’t usually miss me so much. They both said they had fun and it’s been a good day so they seem to be happy. 

Only thing I didn’t like was queuing to get Scarlett at 3.20 and she was supposed to be out at 3.30. Was a long line. Was 3.30 on the dot when I got to the front and there is her whole class standing in the rain. They had been there 10 mins as I could see them through the fence. Most haven’t got coats. Some are in dresses. Luckily I’m one of the annoying mums that makes them take a coat just in case. 
surely they could have just kept one class at a time in the hall and made us queue a different way than make the kids stand in the rain. Will be sending her with a brolly next time. 
apart from that it was just boring without the kids. Basically waiting for them to come home. 

bodie is having a good day again. But he got very wet on the garden 

F95A391B-8393-4C97-84CF-84227FCA8E35.thumb.jpeg.0406fb836ca20231998d1ef2dcdd21b4.jpeg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Vampiress88 said:

Purdey hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and your back home quick for your soup. 

Eddie it is definitely a requirement to post a picture asap. Love puppy pics

the girls were ok. They were quiet going in. It was so different to before not taking them to class just leaving them at the gate. Georgia is on half day’s for a week and she ran up to me with the biggest hug at lunch. She doesn’t usually miss me so much. They both said they had fun and it’s been a good day so they seem to be happy. 

Only thing I didn’t like was queuing to get Scarlett at 3.20 and she was supposed to be out at 3.30. Was a long line. Was 3.30 on the dot when I got to the front and there is her whole class standing in the rain. They had been there 10 mins as I could see them through the fence. Most haven’t got coats. Some are in dresses. Luckily I’m one of the annoying mums that makes them take a coat just in case. 
surely they could have just kept one class at a time in the hall and made us queue a different way than make the kids stand in the rain. Will be sending her with a brolly next time. 
apart from that it was just boring without the kids. Basically waiting for them to come home. 

bodie is having a good day again. But he got very wet on the garden 

F95A391B-8393-4C97-84CF-84227FCA8E35.thumb.jpeg.0406fb836ca20231998d1ef2dcdd21b4.jpeg

Lovely to see him looking well. He must be feeling well too if he's playing in the garden. Are your girls enjoying being back in school? Ella, my great-grandaughter, went back yesterday and was so  happy and cheerful when her mum went to pick her up. She'd really missed her friends and teachers. Let's hope things are slowly and carefully beginning to return to some kind of normality.

Avril

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Has anyone else had a problem with CC this afternoon or was it just me?

Avril

Yes, after several attempts and a reboot I took a shopping trolley of books and old magazines to the local recycling bins.. Only another 20 trolleys' worth to go.

working OK now though

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Not counting those that got run over by a bus is obviously a gross manipulation of the figures. Make them all count. If you got a positive test for Coronavirus and fall down the stairs 61 days later you died as an infected zombie.

That’s already been statistically examined.  As you might imagine, the number of people run over by a bus in the UK is less than 50 per annum. Not that many people with a Covid diagnosis fall down the stairs either.

However, Covid-19 is frequently a long drawn out disease, and deaths after 28 days are common.

As I said, it’s a manipulation of the figures.  Check out statistician Tim Harford and ‘More or Less’ for a full analysis.

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

Yes, after several attempts and a reboot I took a shopping trolley of books and old magazines to the local recycling bins.. Only another 20 trolleys' worth to go.

working OK now though

I made several attempts to sign in again after it went haywire and then gave up. On the plus side though  I got the raspberries pruned instead. Must be working now or I wouldn't be posting😁

Avril

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

That’s already been statistically examined.  As you might imagine, the number of people run over by a bus in the UK is less than 50 per annum. Not that many people with a Covid diagnosis fall down the stairs either.

However, Covid-19 is frequently a long drawn out disease, and deaths after 28 days are common.

As I said, it’s a manipulation of the figures.  Check out statistician Tim Harford and ‘More or Less’ for a full analysis.

Logic tells me that if I wish to spend my life looking for a pet expert to support my bias, I will find one. Died from contracting Coronavirus is clear. Tested positive for Coronavirus , but actually died from something else doesn't help one jot.

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I thought I'd committed an unforgivable sin and been barred permanently from the forum😟

Avril

Fortunately not Avril! Sounds as though several of us had problems today I know I did, but thankfully OK now.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I thought I'd committed an unforgivable sin and been barred permanently from the forum😟

Avril

I thought we had overloaded it with all the wonderful photos on the A to Z of ports thread. I tried two different laptops, Ipad and several different browsers to no avail. I then noticed there were no posts on any threads for some time. Glad it's back now and can indulge myself looking at the photos on the other thread and remembering some wonderful ports of call and admiring some really great pictures.

Pat

• Like 4

On 9/1/2020 at 4:59 PM, Adawn47 said:

Me too. 

I first make a cooked pastry case in a 9 1/2'' loose bottom flan or quiche tin.

Filling,

3/4 pt milk

4 1/2 oz creamed coconut

3 egg yolks

4 1/2 oz caster sugar

1 3/4 oz plain flour

1 oz desicated coconut

1oz candied chopped pineapple

2 tbsp pineapple juice, rum or Malibu

1/2 pt whipping cream

Bring the milk and creamed coconut to just below boiling point, stirring to melt the coconut. Whisk the yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy then whisk in the flour. Carefully pour the milk mixture over the yolks stirring all the time. Pour back into the pan and stir over a gentle heat until thick. Leave to cool but not set. Stir in the coconut, pineapple and juice or rum. Spread into the flan case, cover with the whipped cream and decorate with any remaining pineapple. Chill in the fridge, and if you're brave enough to take it out of the flan tin😉, serve on a nice plate. Be warned, it's very moreish.

Avril

In case anyone else is looking, I got the creamed coconut in Sainsburys today.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I made several attempts to sign in again after it went haywire and then gave up. On the plus side though  I got the raspberries pruned instead. Must be working now or I wouldn't be posting😁

Avril

I was actually forced to do some housework!! Glad it wasn t just me who had problems

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Elderflower said:

I thought we had overloaded it with all the wonderful photos on the A to Z of ports thread. I tried two different laptops, Ipad and several different browsers to no avail. I then noticed there were no posts on any threads for some time. Glad it's back now and can indulge myself looking at the photos on the other thread and remembering some wonderful ports of call and admiring some really great pictures.

Pat

It had been over 3 hours since there had been a post, and no notifications on my phone either. Frank's Pintrest hasn't been working for the last 2 days either. Very strange.

Avril

30 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Love the Ports ABC thread

Apologies that I seldom remember to put a 💖.  My bad 

Pup is a girlie but says thanks for your welcome & nice comments 🐶 

Send her my apologies and I hope I haven't upset her😘

Avril

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your well wishes  for tomorrow’s op , I also couldn’t get cc working this afternoon and thought I’d done something wrong , glad it’s up and running now as  I will be taking my iPad in hospital with me so I can keep a eye on you guys 😉 just had my last meal for a few days probably ,as having part of my stomach put back in its place and wrapped in a jacket so the doctors say , supposed to be keyhole but could revert to open surgery and depending if I can swallow afterwards I might get home same day 

Eddie your new little pup is gorgeous 

Avril I’m going to make your pineapple tart when I’m back up and running sounds fantastic 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you everyone for your well wishes  for tomorrow’s op , I also couldn’t get cc working this afternoon and thought I’d done something wrong , glad it’s up and running now as  I will be taking my iPad in hospital with me so I can keep a eye on you guys 😉 just had my last meal for a few days probably ,as having part of my stomach put back in its place and wrapped in a jacket so the doctors say , supposed to be keyhole but could revert to open surgery and depending if I can swallow afterwards I might get home same day 

Eddie your new little pup is gorgeous 

Avril I’m going to make your pineapple tart when I’m back up and running sounds fantastic 

Good luck, hope it goes well

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Logic tells me that if I wish to spend my life looking for a pet expert to support my bias, I will find one. Died from contracting Coronavirus is clear. Tested positive for Coronavirus , but actually died from something else doesn't help one jot.

To get the clearest picture of what’s happened, I like to look at information for deaths for all reasons.

Many more deaths than normal happened in April and May, at the height of the current wave of the pandemic. Which tends to suggest that the Coronavirus played a significant part in the deaths at that time

0DAD6781-BDBC-465D-B56D-7C21D43ADAFF.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Has anyone else had a problem with CC this afternoon or was it just me?

Avril

Yes.

I couldn't log in all afternoon.

This happened yesterday in the US and I told a RCL poster friend who asked this question yesterday everything was okay in the UK.☹️

Edited by grapau27