Complete Newbie to FCCs - A Question!

We were supposed to sail on March 28th on Symphony of the Seas, but called and canceled it even before RC canceled the cruises. I also got the email saying that we'd receive an FCC for 125% the total cost.

I haven't ever received an FCC before or had to cancel a cruise. I am wondering how I will receive the FCC - is this something that's mailed physically to my address, emailed, or will it show up in my RC online account? Or is it something we just have to call and use because they'll have it on file?

We cancelled our cruise a week and a half ago and I still haven't actually received any kind of follow up notification that we have the FCC, other than the verbal communication on the phone with RC customer service.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, JustinPlusLauren said:

We were supposed to sail on March 28th on Symphony of the Seas, but called and canceled it even before RC canceled the cruises. I also got the email saying that we'd receive an FCC for 125% the total cost.

I haven't ever received an FCC before or had to cancel a cruise. I am wondering how I will receive the FCC - is this something that's mailed physically to my address, emailed, or will it show up in my RC online account? Or is it something we just have to call and use because they'll have it on file?

We cancelled our cruise a week and a half ago and I still haven't actually received any kind of follow up notification that we have the FCC, other than the verbal communication on the phone with RC customer service.

Thanks!

If you cancelled before rcl cancelled you get 100% fcc, the fcc for 125% you would have had to wait for rcl to cancel.

They say it will be mailed. Idk either, never got a fcc, but I'm assuming they email it and the fcc has a number you can they apply to a future cruise

Our FCC came as a email about 7 days after cancelling. Called the online TA we use and gave them the number on the email certificate and it was instantly applied to our cruise we have booked for next Oct. That cruise is a 21 night B2B on Allure,  I would think it is a good bet that both of those cruise will be cancelled and a new FCC will be issued. We have a refundable hotel reservation in Barcelona but have not booked airfare. I am fully expecting to be totally ripped off by the airlines if we book last minute.  First leg of the B2B is still open for booking but at almost double what we paid, second leg is the TA back home and it has been sold out for few weeks. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

and it was instantly applied to our cruise we have booked for next Oct. That cruise is a 21 night B2B on Allure,  I would think it is a good bet that both of those cruise will be cancelled and a new FCC will be issued. 

Wow.

You're definitely on the pessimistic side aren't you? 

Here's another thought to keep your pessimism going... If ships are not sailing by next October, there will be no cruise industry left to use FCC.

20 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

Wow.

You're definitely on the pessimistic side aren't you? 

Here's another thought to keep your pessimism going... If ships are not sailing by next October, there will be no cruise industry left to use FCC.

I am sure ships will be sailing in Oct.  Crew members on Allure have stated the ship is cutting short it's dry dock by 30 days and then sailing back to Florida empty.  If she comes back she will stay in the Caribbean and our Oct/Nov Med cruise would be cancelled.  My wife thinks I am overly optimistic as i bought Carnival stock on Wednesday and Royal Caribbean on Thursday. 

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

I am sure ships will be sailing in Oct.  Crew members on Allure have stated the ship is cutting short it's dry dock by 30 days and then sailing back to Florida empty.  If she comes back she will stay in the Caribbean and our Oct/Nov Med cruise would be cancelled.  My wife thinks I am overly optimistic as i bought Carnival stock on Wednesday and Royal Caribbean on Thursday. 

I read about the drydock being cut short, but what's this about crew saying Allure is heading back early? 

6 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

I am sure ships will be sailing in Oct.  

Make up your mind...

In your previous post, you said it was a good bet your October cruises will be cancelled.