princess cabins

Cruising_Bill

I have been “upgraded” to cabin D437 on the Sky.  This is also identical to Royal and Regal.   By the looks of it I am right in front of the elevators.    Anyone have any knowledge of cabins in this area?   I’m not sure I should accept this.  Help please

If you do a dummy search for bookings on your cruise, you can see what other cabins in that category are open, and then you can ask to be switched to one of those.  I'd personally take it if it were an upgrade from an oceanview or obstructed view balcony or interior, but my preference would be to be slightly away from the entrance to the elevator lobby like 437 is, even if just one cabin more aft. 

• Like 1

I can't answer about the Sky, but I have been on several Princess ships near the elevator lobby and have never had a noise problem from that area.

However on many ships I have had a noise problem from loud talking by people walking to/from the elevator area no matter how close or far my cabin was from the elevator lobby.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

If you do a dummy search for bookings on your cruise, you can see what other cabins in that category are open, and then you can ask to be switched to one of those.  I'd personally take it if it were an upgrade from an oceanview or obstructed view balcony or interior, but my preference would be to be slightly away from the entrance to the elevator lobby like 437 is, even if just one cabin more aft. 

Thank you.  I’m not sure if they will do this as it is an upgrade.  I Am in a balcony in BD. It higher and more aft but I do like higher and aft.  I have looked and looked and it just doesn’t seem like a good location but thought I’d ask

7 hours ago, caribill said:

I can't answer about the Sky, but I have been on several Princess ships near the elevator lobby and have never had a noise problem from that area.

However on many ships I have had a noise problem from loud talking by people walking to/from the elevator area no matter how close or far my cabin was from the elevator lobby.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Just now, Cruising_Bill said:

Thank you.  I’m not sure if they will do this as it is an upgrade.  I Am in a balcony in BD. It higher and more aft but I do like higher and aft.  I have looked and looked and it just doesn’t seem like a good location but thought I’d ask

Ty

On 3/21/2020 at 11:28 PM, Cruising_Bill said:

I have been “upgraded” to cabin D437 on the Sky.  This is also identical to Royal and Regal.   By the looks of it I am right in front of the elevators.    Anyone have any knowledge of cabins in this area?   I’m not sure I should accept this.  Help please

We were one deck below your cabin and loved it. I see no reason not to accept that cabin. Mid ship is the best. You will have no problems with the elevator right there.  We love that location when leaving or returning to our cabin. Enjoy your cruise. The ship is beautiful and everything about it is great.