Price Drops today

I’ve been watching too.  I’m still booked for May 23rd which is unlikely to sail but rates are down at least $200.  I’m waiting it out and If it does look like it will sail I will ask for an upgrade or OBC.  Guessing that won’t be hard to get them to do.  

Also watching same itinerary rest of 2020..all down quite a bit so hopefully the FCC gets us the same cruise without paying more money. 

I’m sure there’s some thread about this but I can’t find it.

What’s going on with NCL’s INSANE pricing right now? Out or boredom, I looked at prices for some Bermuda sailings in the next few months. $2900 for 7 days in a STUDIO. I’ve never seen a 7 day studio that high for anything. It’s more than twice what I usually pay. Are they just screwing around with the pricing while they know those cruises probably won’t sail? Trying to stop people from booking and then taking advantage of cancellation offers?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CherWolf said:

They're trying to entice people to take the FCC when they open the cancellation window tomorrow.

What cancellation window? Did I miss a change in something? 

I'm just floored by where the pricing is going, but not surprised.  I watched the fares drop like a rock, like drastically across the board, initially when things started to build up toward the cruise shutdown, then they cancelled the operation, and then like 4-5 days later, back up they went and then some, in some cases +100%.  It's interesting.  It's working because I'm also watching capacity dwindle and disappear in some cases.

10 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

What cancellation window? Did I miss a change in something? 

I'm just floored by where the pricing is going, but not surprised.  I watched the fares drop like a rock, like drastically across the board, initially when things started to build up toward the cruise shutdown, then they cancelled the operation, and then like 4-5 days later, back up they went and then some, in some cases +100%.  It's interesting.  It's working because I'm also watching capacity dwindle and disappear in some cases.

This policy from the NCL website:

Guests who do not want to avail themselves of the future cruise credit will receive a 100% refund of the fare paid reimbursed to the original form of payment within 90 days of completing the request form on this page which will be made available beginning March 23, 2020. We ask guests to wait to contact us regarding any refund until after March 23, 2020 as our reservation system will allow us to accommodate their requests at that time.

21 hours ago, pghflyer said:

For the few cruises I have been watching, the price INCREASES put in place in January have been holding strong....maybe they don't realize the world has changed.

No, they know the world has changed, trust me.. New bookings are zero.....and they will be zero whether the price is $199 or $2,299 for the near future. There is really nothing NCL can do to entice people to take a cruise, so evidently, they've stopped trying.

The booking I referred to in my original post just went down another $130 today.  I am a solo traveler and there is no single supplement.  It is for the end of July and I do believe it will happen (Bahamas).  I of course canceled my Italy trip in July, it will not happen sadly.  Yes Will cruise if it goes.

Its all a computer algorithm.  I am sure the team that deals with the program is not deemed essential and is not working on it.  Pricing changes are going to be based off pre shut down data.  Once cruise lines announce they are going to operate again, the algorithm will be updated and they are going to have to drop prices.