Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

We’re  all packed, Covid test Negative, waiting for taxi to take us to our Southampton  Hotel before boarding QM2 for the Christmas and New Year cruise tomorrow. Don’t want to chance getting delayed tomorrow by bad weather etc.Weather not bad today, so hoping for a clear run. 

……..so excited. 😊😊

Wyn and Roy

• Like 3

We’re negative and at the Harbour Hotel. @D&N and @Host Hattie we took the Elizabeth line yesterday from Greenwich back to London. Fantastic! We avoided the Central line which has been crazy busy. Host Hattie, your trip looks grand! We tried to get to St. Paul’s for Sunday service, but kept missing it. On our next trip it is priority. We have a wonderful dinner at Clos Maggiore last night. I think I have DH convinced to do another TA in 2 years. Prices look good.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, turnip eater said:

Thank you! 
Hattie, what is the cocktail you’re sipping in you piccie? Wyn

I can't remember,  something with lemon I think. It's a few years old so I'm not sure if it would be on the list anymore. 

11 minutes ago, techteach said:

@turnip eater On floor 6 bar. I’m wearing a plum colored turtle neck. Hair pulled back, reddish through the help of my colorist. 1st table as you enter.

Enjoy your evening. I am waiting for my younger sister to arrive so I can take her for her birthday lunch. The decorating for Christmas is complete by acclamation, if not in fact. Have a terrific Voyage. We will look forward to hearing from you en route. 

13 minutes ago, techteach said:

@turnip eater On floor 6 bar. I’m wearing a plum colored turtle neck. Hair pulled back, reddish through the help of my colorist. 1st table as you enter.

OK, just sorting ourselves out. Enjoying a little complementary Sherry. See you in less that 5 mins. I’m wearing a red top, I’ve got ‘Ash blonde’ hair care of nature😳. Husband has similar hair colour😳. Blue and white striped top.

• Like 1

We got our latest covid, and winter flu jabs yesterday. Had to shovel the snow to get out the driveway for the second time in a week.

Since last week, for the first time in nearly forty years, we don't have at least one Subaru sitting in the drive. Have to say though, the replacement Mitsubishi Outlander is doing OK even if it is still on summer tyres. It hasn't really been tested yet.

Its been hovering between -5 and 0 Deg C all day here (NE Scotland) but feels much colder.

No snow today though as I think it has all moved further south. 

Seeing as its not weather for going out, I spent most of the afternoon on the phone (on hold!) chasing up my travel insurance for the promised payment for a missed port on our last cruise due to bad weather. And also chasing up BA for missing Avios and Tier points from our flight history. Again, from our travels in October. 

We also finally received our medical screening forms back from our GP practise (4 weeks later and £48 each thank you !) so that was submitted for our next trip in 5 weeks time.

Its approximately the same temperatures here as in South Shetland Islands where we will be going. 

8 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Some of it has headed west. We’ve had a couple more showers today

Oh dear. sorry to hear that. I thought it was the Central Belt that was getting the worst.

Might need to get those winter tyres after all! 

I fitted winter tyres on my car before last winter and never took them off ! 

That's very clever @Colin_Cameron. Heavy rain has arrived here so I'm catching up with the Strictly final and writing the last of the local Christmas cards.

I'm finishing work for the year on Wednesday and we will probably go to Pembrokeshire if nobody makes a last minute booking.

Have a good Sunday everyone 

• Like 3

I thought I had posted a photo from our Christmas card last year, but don't see it in my "activity".

This was the front page of the card we sent to most friends & family this year. Carmel & Hazel posed for the base photos last April, although Carmel wouldn't face the camera and her head came from a photo taken during the summer. We received the cards from the printers about a week before Hazel died.

Be assured they come to no harm in their photoshoots. Any twisting of limbs to fit their equipment is done digitally.

2022 Carmel and Hazel Front.jpg

• Like 6