Do you love Aqua class?

Ugaaucruisers

20 minutes ago, zitsky said:

You could assume that people don't mean to be rude, instead of jumping to the opposite.  This place is called Cruise CRITIC for a reason, I guess.

I don't get it -- Is your comment directed at what I said re the Persian Garden behavior ? 

I only commented on what I observed on the many cruises I had access to the Persian Garden.

You see the same people there every day around the same time and their behavior doesn't change from day to day .

Most are very polite in their behavior , some , are not.

Those are the ones I was " Criticizing " on the CRITIC forum.

I've not read all the posts in this thread, but can someone explain what the differences are between a balcony stateroom and aqua class - apart from the Blu restaurant?

to me it looks like everything else is the same - same size stateroom...etc...

I'm just curious as to what the other big differences are

thanks

26 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

I've not read all the posts in this thread, but can someone explain what the differences are between a balcony stateroom and aqua class - apart from the Blu restaurant?

to me it looks like everything else is the same - same size stateroom...etc...

I'm just curious as to what the other big differences are

thanks

Hi Muffinz,  

I might miss a few things, but the AQ rooms and balconies are the same size as Concierge and regular balcony rooms.  They have changed the additional amenities over the 4-5 years that I have cruised on Celebrity, but generally that difference are:

Blu Dining room (any time seating), limited to AQ guests, and Retreat guest if space is available (that is handled differently by ship.)  They serve Dinner and Breakfast

Free access to Persian Gardens

Ice Tea (bottled water was dropped a few years ago) delivered daily

Expanded breakfast room service menu (we haven't ordered room service in a few years, so maybe someone can articulate the difference)

A fancy shower head with more jets

Personal Spa Concierge (have never figured out who this is)

Plushy robes (they are typically longer, and Terry cloth, so thicker that those cotton ones)

Priority check in line

Foot stools on the balcony

The cabins are typically on the higher floors, but this is debated as an amenity, as not everyone likes the rooms under the pool deck.

I hope this helps.

1 hour ago, whitbob said:

Hi Muffinz,  

I might miss a few things, but the AQ rooms and balconies are the same size as Concierge and regular balcony rooms.  They have changed the additional amenities over the 4-5 years that I have cruised on Celebrity, but generally that difference are:

Blu Dining room (any time seating), limited to AQ guests, and Retreat guest if space is available (that is handled differently by ship.)  They serve Dinner and Breakfast

Free access to Persian Gardens

Ice Tea (bottled water was dropped a few years ago) delivered daily

Expanded breakfast room service menu (we haven't ordered room service in a few years, so maybe someone can articulate the difference)

A fancy shower head with more jets

Personal Spa Concierge (have never figured out who this is)

Plushy robes (they are typically longer, and Terry cloth, so thicker that those cotton ones)

Priority check in line

Foot stools on the balcony

The cabins are typically on the higher floors, but this is debated as an amenity, as not everyone likes the rooms under the pool deck.

I hope this helps.

Besides typically on higher decks, are the Aqua cabins also primarily more forward?

37 minutes ago, jmbklj said:

Besides typically on higher decks, are the Aqua cabins also primarily more forward?

Not really.  They are mostly on Deck 11 on the S Class ships, but are located in the front, middle and back.  We have never sailed aft, so Not sure if Any of those are AQ.  

On 3/24/2020 at 1:13 PM, mchell810 said:

The color in your photo is just AMAZING.  Is it enhanced? Or are you just a great photographer!

Why am I torturing myself? !!!! 
We were going to be in cabin 1140 on the now canceled May 2 cruise. Our first time in a sunset aft. 

Seriously, we are disappointed but grateful for our health, our home, our family... 

Hope we can cruise again. 

In our case, Aqua was very close in price. Like others, we  liked getting the same waiters everyday that knew us at Blu,  just like the good old days. And I like that we had balcony chairs that laid back. The bad part for me was the Aqua class deck was higher up than what I like (motion).