Refunds Request Tracking

haolenate

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 6:55 PM, jdc987 said:

They kept my insurance fee when they cancelled for a hurricane last year.  Only saving grace was that they took it out of a CruiseNext certificate.

Actually the insurance company kept your policy payment.

On 3/24/2020 at 6:30 PM, Phifle said:

Is anyone else as upset and disgusted with NCL for refusing to refund the full price you paid including the travel protection?  This is not an insurance payout.  There is no provision in the travel protection document that mentions the cruise line canceling the sailing.  I stand to lose nearly a thousand dollars and I am livid.

Have you thought about disputing this charge with the credit card company? I am in the same boat as you, and not happy about it. I didn't cancel, they did. At the very least I would like to have a credit with the insurance company for the amount of the premium I spent.

Edited by KateQ22003

On 3/24/2020 at 5:06 PM, haolenate said:

Greetings,

I figured this might be easier for us to start tracking when we get our refunds.  

I am building a Google Spreadsheet that you can use to input your information and we can get an idea of what to expect.    Right now, NCL is saying "90 days" to process, but I'm hopeful and praying its not that, especially for people, like me, who were to cruise this past week.  I'm also hopeful that with enough people's information public, we can get NCL to "speed up" the process if it truely IS 90 days.

Here is the document if you wish to participate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17CZpuhe_oCuJ7j4Dair4zwP56M-WIpFxYbc4EjwJ2FQ/edit?usp=sharing

Looks like a low rate of refunds paid

We are currently at 92 days without a refund.  We booked our 5/31/20 cruise through a travel agency, and we decided to cancel on 2/29/20 (before the Peace of Mind policy came out).  We received our cancellation confirmation that showed we cancelled 92 days out, so we expected to be charged a 25% cancellation fee (which was okay with us).  NCL told our TA that we should receive our refund in 7-10 business days.

When our TA still had not received our refund on 4/1/20, I decided to call.  The representative said she couldn't discuss specific amounts with me, but did tell me that the cruise refund had been "pending" since 3/13/20.  She thought the refund would be released in about a week.

Our TA has been trying everything she can to get NCL to finally process our refund, but she has had no luck.  I called again on Friday (5/29/20) when we reached the 90 day mark.  The representative I spoke with was very sympathetic and agreed to look into our reservation even though we booked through a TA.  She also saw that our refund has been "pending" since 3/13/20.  She told me that NCL is calculating the current 90 day refund period from the day the refund shows as "pending" so our TA should get the refund by 6/13/20.

We really liked NCL, but we can't see booking with them anymore.  This refund process has simply been ridiculous.  I will definitely report back in if we do get our refund by 6/13/20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2020 at 6:35 AM, KateQ22003 said:

Have you thought about disputing this charge with the credit card company? I am in the same boat as you, and not happy about it. I didn't cancel, they did. At the very least I would like to have a credit with the insurance company for the amount of the premium 

I haven’t contacted the credit card company yet but I did call NCL to inform them that 60 days had passed since I requested my refund and as stated in the contract of cartage they were to begin paying me 6% annual interest on the full amount until the refund was issued. They declined so they are now in breach of contract. I’m going to wait until the 90 days has passed then explore legal actions against them. 
after all, it’s only 11 grand so it’s not like I need the money, right? (He said sarcastically)

• Like 1

On ‎2020‎/‎05‎/‎31 at 11:05 AM, Matthew's Dad said:

We are currently at 92 days without a refund.  We booked our 5/31/20 cruise through a travel agency, and we decided to cancel on 2/29/20 (before the Peace of Mind policy came out).  We received our cancellation confirmation that showed we cancelled 92 days out, so we expected to be charged a 25% cancellation fee (which was okay with us).  NCL told our TA that we should receive our refund in 7-10 business days.

When our TA still had not received our refund on 4/1/20, I decided to call.  The representative said she couldn't discuss specific amounts with me, but did tell me that the cruise refund had been "pending" since 3/13/20.  She thought the refund would be released in about a week.

Our TA has been trying everything she can to get NCL to finally process our refund, but she has had no luck.  I called again on Friday (5/29/20) when we reached the 90 day mark.  The representative I spoke with was very sympathetic and agreed to look into our reservation even though we booked through a TA.  She also saw that our refund has been "pending" since 3/13/20.  She told me that NCL is calculating the current 90 day refund period from the day the refund shows as "pending" so our TA should get the refund by 6/13/20.

We really liked NCL, but we can't see booking with them anymore.  This refund process has simply been ridiculous.  I will definitely report back in if we do get our refund by 6/13/20.

I am very sure they meant refund 90days from your "cruise end date". That's what they told me on the 4th time I was calling. That being said, I am at my 107th day waiting from my cruise date Feb15th. Waiting for either the refund, or credit card dispute result.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

It is so discouraging that no one that requested refunds in March has received any money yet.

Yet predictable. I'd be stunned if any refunds show up before the 90 days.

I contacted NCL to cancel through Peace of Mind, while I was on hold to cancel (1hr15min) they put through the charge for the upgrade (Haven owners Suite) we received our fcc for cruise and got refunded for water and OBC certificates we purchased prior to sailing. We have not been refunded for Internet package and Prepaid Tips. We realized they charged us for the upgrade and disputed that with our NCL credit card (due to the fact they did it while I was on hold to cancel 3 days before our cruise and 1 day before they shut down)and they did a charge back on 3/12.  On 5/14 NCL charged us again for the upgrade and our credit card is stating we have to pay for this service we cannot and will not ever receive. We bid the lowest amount possible for this upgrade and cannot rebook a cruise in the Haven owners suite for the amount of our fcc. I just want them to refund the upgrade fee not the entire fcc. Any suggestions? 

Just got my refund from NCL.  All charges made to my credit card including the insurance payment have been refunded as a credit.  I guess they changed their policy.  Now I'm happy.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Phifle said:

Just got my refund from NCL.  All charges made to my credit card including the insurance payment have been refunded as a credit.  I guess they changed their policy.  Now I'm happy.

when did you cancel? how many days passed?

40 minutes ago, Phifle said:

Can you clarify if you have paid cruise fare in full? Thanks

22 hours ago, Phifle said:

That's great news! When did you request the refund? Did you receive it prior to the 90 days? This weekend will be 90 days since I requested refunds for the spa passes and cancelled food/drink package gratuities (they said 7-10 days then changed it to 90 days). I didn't request the cruise refund until April so the 90 days won't be until mid-July.

Edited by EBRB

I'm on day 96 and no refund. I was told after 90 days they would escalate it up, but I called on the 91 day mark and was told there's nothing they can do and I just have to wait. Is there anything we can do legally? 

41 minutes ago, DeeC85 said:

I'm on day 96 and no refund. I was told after 90 days they would escalate it up, but I called on the 91 day mark and was told there's nothing they can do and I just have to wait. Is there anything we can do legally? 

Start a dispute on your credit card. That's what the process is for.

13 hours ago, DeeC85 said:

NCL cancelled my April cruise. I filled out the refund request form on March 23, the first day it was available. Got frustrated with waiting and NCL not being able to give an update on the status, so I disputed the charges with Amex and had my money back in 10 minutes. I will always book with Amex from now on. They are awesome! Similar situation with a hotel in Italy that double charged my husband, kept saying they’d fix it, dilly dallied around for a month. One call to Amex and we had that money back. 

• Like 1

We too have had great experience with AMEX refunds. Their position was if vendor said it couldn’t provide service refund must be given. No dilly dallying. They took same position with restaurant where we had booked event. Restaurant said they’d refund in 90 days. Amex was like nope. Now bud or we permanently reverse charge and ding you.  They reversed charges day I called. 

On 6/5/2020 at 12:27 PM, Phifle said:

From what I understand, sometime around the beginning of May I have an email from our PCC that they were addressing the insurance payments since everyone was complaining.  Originally I was told I would have to call the insurance company about even crediting it forward.  Fast forward to yesterday when I called the "insurance company" about getting the credit to my account, lo and behold they were able to transfer me directly to NCL.  Maybe on paper they are operated as an individual company but still obviously under the same "roof".  When I called I was asking to move the insurance to a Princess cruise that we have booked.  I was told no since it was not NCL.  

Since NCL sells the policy and the monies are not paid to anyone other than NCL, I think they had no choice but to refund the insurance.  Either way I am a happy cruiser 🙂

On another note, just updated the spreadsheet regarding my spa and gratuities refunds which are now at 90+ days out 😡

Cruise refund 90 days is not until 7/18 so we shall see.