Refunds for Specialty Dining/Excursions

Squire5000

I cancelled reservations for specialty dining and shore excursions about 10 days ago.  The site indicates that the refunds will be made to the credit card that was originally used.  Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the credit processed by Princess?

Thanks

I cancelled some excursions a couple weeks ago and it only took about 5 days to get the credit back on my CC.  However, many people are reporting much longer wait times now, and the more cruises that get cancelled then the wait time will increase exponentially.  At this point it's anybody's guess.  

Edit to say the Princess rep told me to allow 10 - 14 days for the refund at that time, but now it sounds like people should expect much longer.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

Yes I cancelled our shore excursions on the Personalizer about two weeks ago and the refunds posted to my credit cards within 3 to 5 business days (depending on the bank). Sad to hear it's taking longer now but that's to be expected I guess. Keep a watchful eye on your refunds, they should post eventually. 

I cancelled our cruises (had 2 booked with Princess for this May) on March 11th.  Received refunds for excursions, specialty dining, etc. within a few days, so guess we were lucky.  Waiting now with everyone else for the FCC...have cruise booked for 2021 we'd like to apply that to.

6 hours ago, Squire5000 said:

I cancelled reservations for specialty dining and shore excursions about 10 days ago.  The site indicates that the refunds will be made to the credit card that was originally used.  Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the credit processed by Princess?

Thanks

It took 4 days to get back on our card that was two weeks ago

good luck