LOOKING AHEAD

poorer

35 minutes ago, brian1 said:

LOL,me too, in the Chilean Fjords,the Captain said "whales off the bow".I went running up on deck for half an hour,no joy.My Mrs said they popped up right outside our balcony.

Sods law that Brian. I'm a martyr to it. 😆

Avril 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Sods law that Brian. I'm a martyr to it. 😆

Avril 

I was the only one to see a whale in the gym on the Queen Elizabeth.The running machines overlook the bow.When it breached,I shouted out and it went down again.I'm sure nobody believed me,lol.

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I was the only one to see a whale in the gym on the Queen Elizabeth.The running machines overlook the bow.When it breached,I shouted out and it went down again.I'm sure nobody believed me,lol.

What was the whale doing in the gym. Weights, treadmill? 

Sorry Brian you left yourself wide open for that one. I just couldn't resist it.😂

Avril 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pine Man said:

I share most cruisers top 5 and endorse the 'dressing up' choice as being valued.

Dining is another important aspect and, maybe not everybodies choice, but I really like Club Dining, sharing a table with a group of people you have never met before and ending up, in most cases, as the best of friends. I would have booked for Iona but for the fact it does not offer Cliub Dining.

Presumably in the same cabin P&O Sue?

haha yes in the same cabin 😃

23 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

What was the whale doing in the gym. Weights, treadmill? 

Sorry Brian you left yourself wide open for that one. I just couldn't resist it.😂

Avril 

No,it was in the spa next door.After I posted,I knew it didn't read right,lol.

Edited by brian1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I have a great video of the splash, after a whale breached near us on an Alaska excursion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

It did go overboard when splashing out at the pool 

He was in the right plaice though. Must have added quite a few squid onto his bar bill.😆

Any guesses how long we can keep this up for Brian😉?

Avril 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

He was in the right plaice though. Must have added quite a few squid onto his bar bill.😆

Any guesses how long we can keep this up for Brian😉?

Avril 

You started it,harpooning on about my grammar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I stand chastised Brian 😔. I'll behave now. I'll stop musselling in and clam up. Honest.

Avril 

OK,save you getting the HUMP.BACK on topic then.

I have to admit that now cruising is suspended I'm at a bit of a loss. We look forward to all the planning and researching ports to be visited. Our holiday begins the moment we lock the 

Front door. I begin to feel the excitement build when I see the Southampton signs. I love the whole experience of being at sea. No matter what the weather throws at us.

Avril 

23 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I have a great video of the splash, after a whale breached near us on an Alaska excursion.

Avril 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, brian1 said:

That's it,I'm bottom feeding now.

That reminds me. We were just going through the straights of Gibraltar . I called out to my DW from the balcony ( she was just getting out of the shower ), come quick, there are hundreds of dolphins along side the ship. I can't, she replied, I'm not dresses. The reply, don't worry they won't mind got me a slap.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I have to admit that now cruising is suspended I'm at a bit of a loss. We look forward to all the planning and researching ports to be visited. Our holiday begins the moment we lock the 

Front door. I begin to feel the excitement build when I see the Southampton signs. I love the whole experience of being at sea. No matter what the weather throws at us.

Avril 

Avril 

We have a MSC cruise booked for October,but it includes Spain and Italy.Not too confident.

On 3/28/2020 at 3:01 PM, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Avril 

I know what you mean, for some reason I checked my CP for my October cruise last night and all the excursions were there to book 😩Made me really sad that I would have been excited normally but now I’m just sad as I’m not convinced it will go ahead now.

On 3/27/2020 at 1:38 PM, Josy1953 said:

Your number 3 brought back memories of an Alaskan cruise that we did my husband and I stood on the promenade deck for hours whale spotting, he decided to go to the loo.  Less than a.minute after he went in a whale appeared fortunately he gave me the video recorder otherwise he never would have believed me. 🤣🤣

🤣🤣 reminded me of our Alaskan cruise, spent all afternoon on deck looking for sea otters, we were frozen and went to the cabin to get warm, looked out of the window and two went past .....perfect view 😍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brian1 said:

We have a MSC cruise booked for October,but it includes Spain and Italy.Not too confident.

Ours is November and there are  3 Italian ports and 3 Spanish. We love being at sea though and the ports are an added bonus. I know that's not typical cruising but we could quite happily sail around in circles for 2 weeks and be happy. Providing the evening entertainment was good of course. 

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Ours is November and there are  3 Italian ports and 3 Spanish. We love being at sea though and the ports are an added bonus. I know that's not typical cruising but we could quite happily sail around in circles for 2 weeks and be happy. Providing the evening entertainment was good of course. 

I agree, and in fact I can see the cruise industry starting cautiously, whenever the time comes, with cruises to nowhere, which would be the safest way to begin.