Well done Celebrity re: Celebrity Reflection March 13 shortened cruise.

Crown Vic

Just returned from four back to back cruises on the Celebrity Reflection. Well, three and a bit really as the March 13 cruise was reduced to five days due to the Covid19 situation. 
  This is not a review of each cruise but a ‘shout out’ to the Captain, Officers, Hotel Director and crew for the way they were keeping the Reflection in spick and span condition as well as super sanitizing literally everything. In particular the Hotel Director and his total staff worked tirelessly to keep things sanitized. They did an amazing job. 
  Due to cancellations and strict boarding procedures, the passenger complement was only about 40%. Thankfully, not one incidence of Covid19 was reported and the ship was allowed to dock in Port Everglades on March 17, begorrah, where we disembarked and went through U.S. Immigration very quickly without issue. Got home safely and into self isolation.
  The decision to return was published to passengers overnight on Saturday, March 14 and a letter delivered to every cabin so it was seen first thing on Sunday, March 15. Celebrity has offered a full refund for those on the March 13 cruise plus a time dependent 50% Future Cruise Credit. In addition, those who chose to use Celebrity’s Choice Air arrangements, contacted Choice Air who arranged for replacement flights without any additional airline charge. An airline charge allowance, I believe, was being offered to passengers  who made individual bookings. 
  Cannot talk for everyone on board but I cannot say enough for the way Celebrity handled the situation at least from our view point. A very difficult situation handled, IMO, in an almost exemplary fashion. 
  As Arnold Schwarzenegger said “I’ll be back”. Thank you and well done Celebrity.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the information, this is how I would expect X to respond overall....

Yes, there will a few outliers in terms of perspective on this situation.

Happy you made it without any 'situations' currently.

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Thank you for the information, this is how I would expect X to respond overall....

Bo

I saw your earlier post about my case of “2-Buck Chuck” just before that thread was, thankfully, deleted. Loved your post! And do stay healthy and hopefully we will cruise together some day! 

Den

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Bo

I saw your earlier post about my case of “2-Buck Chuck” just before that thread was, thankfully, deleted. Loved your post! And do stay healthy and hopefully we will cruise together some day! 

Den

LOL, that thread over jumped the rabbit hole to begin with....

Yes, we will sail together, I Am sure and I will bring at least one of my Saxum vintages...  to share... 

😉

Cheers and bon voyage

I was also on the Reflection (shortened to 4 nights) March 13 cruise, and I totally agree with Crown Vic. The crew worked tirelessly, the ship was in great shape, sanitizing and cleaning was constant, and we had a fantastic time.

• Thanks 1

We were onboard also and I totally agree.  I was expecting a survey to let them know but never received one.  It was my first time on Celebrity and had such a great time.  I'm very glad they decided to turn around.  

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Wrunkles said:

We were onboard also and I totally agree.  I was expecting a survey to let them know but never received one.  It was my first time on Celebrity and had such a great time.  I'm very glad they decided to turn around.  

Most likely with all that is going on, sending out the survey, most likely, was not something they had 'front of mind' even though it is most likely automated.

I do recommend, you consider sending an email to X about how you believe the crew and staff worked and presented X in a great light and manner, it would go a long long long way to let Corporate know that it is not all doom and gloom, even in the face of this situation.

You understand and appreciate everything everyone did, especially at a time when 98%+ of the emails and phone calls are battering and berating the company, crew, and staff.

Based on what I have read here on CC, even on ships where C-19 had a break out, the staff and crew did what they could to stem the outbreak, yet that was not enough for those who wanted their way or believed it could have been handled better. They are correct to a great degree, then again when in the midst of a crisis most decisions are made with the best interest of all involved including passengers.

No appreciation of the fact that they were not the only ones in the situation and that the crew and staff were doing all they could do to mitigate the situation within the protocols, tools and knowledge they had readily available. But blame has to placed with someone.

In this case, I would urge you and anyone else on that sailing or others for all that matters, to give kudos to crew, staff and ship for their outstanding work in this most difficult time of times in sailing.

If there are individuals you can name specifically, do that as well, yet I believe just the basic show of support will go a long way, regardless. I do accept and understand that there are some who cannot and will not do this under any circumstances due to their feelings and belief that someone has to be faulted and/or blamed regardless.

In health and bon voyage

• Thanks 1

You were very lucky! We were set to sail on March 14 and were already in Florida when it was cancelled (around 5 pm Friday night). We did get the choice of a refund or FCC, just like the rest of the cruises that were cancelled up to a month out, but we got no kind of compensation for our flight to Florida or hotel. One day earlier and we would’ve had at least 1/2 cruise, refund AND FCC. 

28 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

...I do recommend, you consider sending an email to X about how you believe the crew and staff worked and presented X in a great light and manner...In this case, I would urge you and anyone else on that sailing or others for all that matters, to give kudos to crew, staff and ship for their outstanding work in this most difficult time of times in sailing.

Great suggestion! Already done and done! Sent a copy of the original post and requested it be 'passed up the line'. Shall advise if I heard anything back. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

We exited the ship 3/13 .. and we agree, the staff went above and beyond with sanitization.  The staff was constantly cleaning, and doing so with smiles.  We boarded 3/2 .. our ship, as far we we knew, was very healthy.   As we were returning to port the final day we thought about what was ahead of us ... we were suppose to head to disney for 10 nights, but Disney had already announced they were closing and we decided we really need to head home.  We did briefly consider to see if we could stay on board, as we felt very comfortable and safe.  

Hats off to Celebrity for their efforts to keep us safe and still provide everyone with an excellent cruise!

We spent 2 days driving home from FT Lauderdale to Boston .. traveling through 9 states to reach MA .. hotels, restaurants, rest areas, etc., all being very aware of the dangers Covd19.  We did notice hotels and restaurants were really making an effort to keep their establishments sanitized.  We stopped at a cracker barrel very early one morning for breakfast and they even spaced out the diners, providing social distancing!  

We arrive home 3/15 .. and we have remained home .. self quarantine .. our 14 days ends tomorrow, but I think we will continue to use grocery delivery and stay close to home.  

stay safe and healthy everyone .. we look forward to the day our world will begin to head back towards normal .. and our 2021 cruises!

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2020 at 2:34 PM, Crown Vic said:

Just returned from four back to back cruises on the Celebrity Reflection. Well, three and a bit really as the March 13 cruise was reduced to five days due to the Covid19 situation. 
  This is not a review of each cruise but a ‘shout out’ to the Captain, Officers, Hotel Director and crew for the way they were keeping the Reflection in spick and span condition as well as super sanitizing literally everything. In particular the Hotel Director and his total staff worked tirelessly to keep things sanitized. They did an amazing job. 
  Due to cancellations and strict boarding procedures, the passenger complement was only about 40%. Thankfully, not one incidence of Covid19 was reported and the ship was allowed to dock in Port Everglades on March 17, begorrah, where we disembarked and went through U.S. Immigration very quickly without issue. Got home safely and into self isolation.
  The decision to return was published to passengers overnight on Saturday, March 14 and a letter delivered to every cabin so it was seen first thing on Sunday, March 15. Celebrity has offered a full refund for those on the March 13 cruise plus a time dependent 50% Future Cruise Credit. In addition, those who chose to use Celebrity’s Choice Air arrangements, contacted Choice Air who arranged for replacement flights without any additional airline charge. An airline charge allowance, I believe, was being offered to passengers  who made individual bookings. 
  Cannot talk for everyone on board but I cannot say enough for the way Celebrity handled the situation at least from our view point. A very difficult situation handled, IMO, in an almost exemplary fashion. 
  As Arnold Schwarzenegger said “I’ll be back”. Thank you and well done Celebrity.

I to was on this cruise and couldn't agree more with you. Celeberity were great with us sorting out everything we did nothing even got us a quicker route home back to Scotland. Cheers

• Thanks 1

We were on the 2 previous cruises. Feb 21 and March 2. Cannot praise the staff and crew enough. I have to say also that the vast majority of the guests followed the request to use the sanitizer. When we left the ship on the morning of the 13th the crew were cleaning every thing in sight. The floor in the buffet was being steam cleaned. The chairs and tables, including the legs were being cleaned and all the sun beds on deck likewise. I think that Celebrity tried as hard as possible to ensure that the ship was fit for purpose when the March 13 guests arrived. I’m sorry that you were not able to continue but at least you can look forward to using your FCC and I hope it won’t be too long before we are all able to cruise again. 

• Thanks 1